L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector Review, Swatches, Demo: Hello everyone! Today I am reviewing the L.A. GIRL HD PRO CONCEAL COLOUR CORRECTOR – PEACH. It is a concealer which doubles up as a colour corrector to be used for dark circles under the eyes.
Colour correcting is one area in makeup that I still can’t get a hold of. No matter how many charts I refer to, I always end up being confused as to which colour cancels out which one. Done properly, colour correcting can give you a flawless looking skin. Although I have been blessed with acne-free skin, my dark circle woes seem never ending. So after a lot of contemplation, I got myself this peach corrector from L.A. Girl that had rave reviews on Nykaa’s website and also wasn’t too expensive. Read on to know if it is worth a try.
About L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector
L.A. Girl’s HD Pro Concealer is crease-resistant with opaque coverage in a creamy, yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.
Peach Corrector: A lighter version of our popular Orange Corrector — conceals blue/purple shadows on fair skin tones and counteracts general dullness.
How to Use L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector
1. Apply a very small amount of the corrector under your eyes with the applicator attached to the tube.
2. You can also apply it anywhere else where you have blue/purple based shadows and feel the need for colour correcting.
3. Blend well. You may use fingers but a beauty blender works better and faster.
4. Follow with a concealer that matches your complexion.
5. Blend both together until they disappear into your skin leaving no harsh lines.
6. Follow with the rest of your makeup.
Ingredients in L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector
Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Cera Alba) Stearyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, (CT 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Price of L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector
$ 5.00 for 0.28 oz in the USA
£ 3.99 for 8 g in the UK
₹ 595.00 for 8 g in India
In Detail L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector Review, Swatches, Demo and My Experience
Packaging: The corrector comes in a light-weight, plastic squeezable tube that is colour coded. It has a brush attached onto the opening, giving the user good control over the quantity of product to be applied in a single application. However, the brush absorbs some amount of product each time which is frustrating as the quantity given is already less. The screw cap makes it leak-proof and hence, travel-friendly.
Complexion: Indian fair skin
Texture: The texture is smooth and creamy and the consistency is neither too thin nor thick. The brush spreads the product smoothly and it blends very easily.
Colour: The color is true, light peach which does not look prominent upon blending. When followed with a concealer, it disappears completely.
Coverage: The coverage is laudable. It is true to its claims of being an HD concealer. It makes my dark circles disappear like they were never there. Also, it doesn’t look caky and gives a natural finish with just a pea sized amount. Although I don’t have any blemishes or acne, but according to one of my friends, this one doesn’t give full coverage in that area. So if you are looking to cover up anything other than dark circles, you should try the other shades from this range.
Lasting power: I love how it stays all day long without any creasing or fading. Even on oily skin, it stays in place when set with a powder.
Where to Get it: I wish L.A. Girl was available locally as their products are really good and super affordable. Nonetheless, at the moment you get it online only. I trust Nykaa above all for genuine products so I got it from them. You can definitely buy from your favourite online store. Flipkart and Amazon also stock it.
More Photos, Swatches, Demo
Pros of L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector
2. Cute, travel-friendly packaging
3. Comes with a great brush applicator
4. Creamy, smooth formula
5. Gives a semi-matte finish that looks very natural
6. Doesn’t crease or melt when set with powder, even on oily skin
7. Non-sticky and fragrance free
8. Excellent coverage for dark circles
9. Lasts very long
10. Blends very easily
Cons of L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Peach Color Corrector
1. Availability might be an issue
2. Brush soaks up some amount of product every time
3. Contains paraben
4. Quantity could have been better
Would I Recommend or Repurchase it?
Yes. This is an absolute drugstore gem. If you are new to colour correcting, this is the perfect product. For others, it is a superb alternative to all the pricey correctors out there.
1. Refer to the colour chart before using correctors. Peach is meant for dark circles and not acnes or blemishes.
2. Don’t use too much of the product otherwise you will end up with an Orangish skin tone.
3. Blend well.
4. If you have oily skin, make sure to set it with a powder.
4.8 out of 5