The last time I was cleaning up eye palettes and I realized that almost 80% of them have similar shades. This is because I have always ended up buying neutral palettes from different brands. Therefore, I decided to buy something colorful this time. I went out and picked up the Lakme 9-to-5 Eye Color Quartet Tanjore Rush which has been present in the market for a very long time now. The palette is one of the favorites of various bloggers. Read on for the Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet Eyeshadow Palette Tanjore Rush Review, Swatches
Claims by Lakme for Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet Eyeshadow Palette Tanjore Rush
These versatile quartets of vivid, high-intensity powders give your eyes a defined, fierce finish. The radiant color and shimmer particles shape and highlight your eyes to give you that professional edge. Use the lighter shades for office wear and darker shades for your night look. Feel free to mix the shades to create new looks every day.
₹ 550.00 for 7 g
Directions for Use
• Step 1: Using the sponge applicator, line your eyes in just one sweep.
• Step 2: Create different looks by smudging with the applicator or fingers.
• Step 3: Mix 2 or more shades to create a new look.
In Detail Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet Eyeshadow Palette Tanjore Rush Review, Swatches and My Experience
The Lakme 9-to-5 hEye Color Quartet Tanjore Rush comes in a rectangular shaped palette with a transparent lid. This transparent lid enables you to see through and looks presentable enough. It contains 4 eye shadow shades and a small double-sided tip sponge applicator.
I hardly used the sponge applicator except for swatching and would prefer the brushes over this, any day. The packaging is light wright, sturdy and everything but lacks a mirror. Overall, you can call it average.
there are four vivid shades in it with frosty touch to it described below.
1. It is an amethyst-violet color which has enough brightness to attract. It is a great color for festive occasions.
2. This one is a dark frosty olive green with golden shimmers in it. This is perhaps one of the best shades I have comes across and looks o good on Indian skin tones.
3. This is a bright golden yellow and looks good for any occasion. It can be used as a great inner corner highlighter.
4. It is a dark true copper brown with metallic touch to it. A great shade for daytime as well as for brides.
As an eye palette, the pigmentation of the shades are all similar. This is definitely quite a good reason for using this palette as it becomes worth paying the amount. All the shades have good pigmentation and the saturation can be escalated with the help of a primer. Every colour shows up well on the lids and thus looks extremely good. There is no ashy or highly glittery touch and can also be layered easily. You can also intensify the colour by using a damp brush for application.
The eyeshadows are frosty and glittery but the texture is satin soft. In fact, it is creamy soft to touch. Thus it doesn’t feel bothering on the eyelids at all and blends easily. However, every color has the issue of fallouts which is a bit bothering. Therefore, use powder to clean the under eyes after applying one of the eyeshadows. The colors are easy to blend and doesn’t easily get mixed up on its own.
the longevity of the eye shadow is pretty good. I have worn and tried it with and without primer. With primer, it lasted for 8-9hours on my lids without fading or creasing which was pretty good for summer months. However, without primer, it stays for about 5 hours in summer and then starts fading on the eye lids. For the price, this is surely a worth buying product for Lakme.
More Photos and Swatches
Good Points about Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet Eyeshadow Palette Tanjore Rush
1. Sturdy and well-built packaging.
2. Nice choice of colors.
3. Good pigmentation.
4. Silk soft texture.
5. Blends well.
6. No gaudy shimmers.
7. Longevity is around 5hours without primer.
8. Worth the price tag
Bad Points about Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet Eyeshadow Palette Tanjore Rush
1. Lacks mirror.
3. Useless applicator.
• If you are looking for a good eye palette for bridal occasion, parties and other happening events, then this is a nice budget friendly choice.
• You can also intensify the color by using a damp brush for application.
• Apply concealer after applying these eyeshadows as they have fall out issues.
The Lakme 9-to-5 Eye Color Quartet Tanjore Rush is a budget friendly palette for any occasion with bright and eventful eye makeup. The colors are well pigmented, smooth and blends seamlessly and also have a good longevity.