How about some hair product today. We got many hair serums in the market today, I keep looking out and trying different ones that I can get my hands on. Livon was one of the first companies in India to come up with a hair serum. They initially had this serum meant as a hair detangler, but of late as we have so many different options out there, Livon guys came up with a hair serum which is kind of addresses a lot of different demands. Lets jump right into it and see how it works.
About Livon Moroccan Silk Serum
For the first time in India Livon launches Livon Moroccan Silk Serum. It brings the goodness of Moroccan Argan Oil in serum made specially suitable for Indian hair. Its special conditioning agents coat every strand of hair resulting in effortless detangling and less breakage. So you experience the beauty of smooth, silky free flowing hair.
Moroccan Argan Oil- Softens hair, restores shine, strengthens hair, protects from UV, heals damaged hair.
UV filter– sunscreen protects hair from the Sun
Vitamin E– deeply nourishes hair
Conditioning agent from Japan– Delivers long lasting radiance and shine to hair.
Rs. 149/- for 30ml
Rs. 249/- for 59 ml
In Detail Livon Moroccan Silk Serum Review and My Experience
The serum comes in a really nice light pink glazed sort of a transparent bottle and has a pump dispenser at the top. Really feminine. It actually comes in a nice cartoon box which has songs about the product written all over it. This is one of the few products in the market which claims to have pure moroccan argan oil.
It has a very perfume like scent to it which is quite strong I guess but not really a problem. The consistency of the serum is slightly on the liquid side, not very runny. Even if you go slightly over with the amount, it won’t make your hair look oily. The texture of the serum is not sticky or oily.
How I Use it
I like to take a dime sized amount of it and spread it on my semi-wet hair. I run my finger through my hair and spread it along the lengths, I never comb my hair when its wet. Then whatever small parts are left on my hand, I apply them on the top portion of my hair just to take care of the fly aways. Then I leave my hair to air dry without messing much with it.
When my hair dries out, I find it has much less tangles as compared to my hair without any serum. It definitely adds shine to the hair and makes it look more healthy. Fly aways are reduced to a great extent. It basically gets absorbed into the hair and it does not feel like I have anything on my hair. Unlike their original Livon serum, I like this one much better. It does take care of the frizz a little bit but I guess I would want more. Moreover this also has some UV filters which I hope protect my hair in the sun. I also tried blow drying and straightening hair hair after applying this, and it helped make my hair look more shiny.
The effects last for a day post application. It really doesn’t do anything to improve the health of the hair in the long run, I mean this has no permanent effects on the hair. Also beauties who have very dry or frizzy hair may not find this product up to the mark.
PROs of Livon Moroccan Silk Serum
1. Love the cute little pink packaging.
2. I like the consistency because it is easy to apply while hair is wet and easy to spread along the hair.
3. Reduces tangles to an extent.
4. Imparts shine and reduces fly aways.
5. Has got UV filters to protect the hair from sun damage.
6. Non sticky, does not make the hair look oily.
7. Has goodness of argan oil and Vitamin E
CONs of Livon Moroccan Silk Serum
1. Beauties with dry and frizzy hair may not find it up to the mark.
2. No permanent effects on the overall health of the hair.
3. Also, I find this does not really work well when applied to completely dry hair.
1. For best results, apply this hair serum on semi-dry or semi-wet hair.
2. Do not apply hair serums on the roots of the hair.
3. Concentrate the hair serum more towards the ends of the hair.
4. Don’t rub the hair together while applying it. Move your hands along the lengths of the hair downwards while applying it.