L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask Review, Swatches: Loreal Paris finally launched their much awaited clay masks. I am a face mask junkie because I have combination skin. I really love trying out clay based face masks because they work really well on my skin. This particular clay mask by Loreal claims to have 3 kinds of pure clays as well as red algae called Palmaria Palmata. While clays help absorb impurities from the skin, red algae is known to nourish the skin. Red algae also has antioxidant properties. Well, before I start getting more nerdy, let me tell you more about this product and share my experience with it.
About L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask
L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Mask Exfoliate & Refine Pores is a brightening face mask enriched with three pure clays – kaolin, montmorillonite and ghassoul – and red algae to gently exfoliate the skin and refine pores, leaving the complexion revitalised and illuminated
- Exfoliating & Smoothing Mask that refines skin’s texture.
- The grainy, Cream texture illuminates by exfoliating skin, Without drying it out.
- Finely milled apricot seeds gently exfoliate dull, Uneven skin to reveal skin’s natural glow.
- Has unique cleansing properties of red algae extracts that refine pores and deeply cleanses the skin.
How to Use L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask
- Apply an even layer to clean dry skin, avoiding eye and lip area.
- Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then remove with water.
- For best results use 3 times a week.
Ingredients in L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask
Kaolin: A pure clay highly concentrated with silicates known to absorb impurities and excess oil to help purify delicate skin affected by daily pollutants.
Montmorillonite: A pure clay rich in minerals, this clay helps to purify and re-balance the skin, reducing imperfections.
Ghassoul: A pure clay able to absorb impurities and oils without causing irritation, leaving skin smooth, fresh and radiant.
Aqua/Water, Kaolin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Peg-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca Seed Powder/Apricot Seed Powder, Perlite Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Dimethiconol, Palmaria, Palmata Extract, Moroccan Lava Clay, Caprylyl, Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Montmorillonite, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Linalool, Parfum/Fragrance.
Price of L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask
$ 12.99 for 1.7 oz in the USA
C$ 12.97 for 50 mL in Canada
£ 7.99 for 50 mL in the UK
€ 14.50 for 50 mL in Europe, France, Germany
A$ 19.95 for 50 mL in Australia
NZ$ 20.00 for 50 mL in New Zealand
S$ 14.90 for 48 g in Singapore
₹ 850.00 for 48 g in India
In Detail L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask Review, Swatches and My Experience
I bought this mask over 2 weeks ago. It comes packaged in an informative green coloured paper box. The actual mask is inside this really luxurious looking heavy glass jar. It has a screw open top with a protective lid. I mean, although the packaging isn’t very travel safe, I still cannot resist how appealing the glass jar looks. So, I’d say I find the packaging really nice. But please keep it safely.
This clay mask has a thick paste like consistency. It looks orange-red-brown in colour (looks deeper in the pot). The colour is not due to the red algae extracts if you’re wondering. This colour is due to the presence of iron oxides in the product (notice the added colour in the ingredients list). The texture isn’t smooth. It has exfoliating apricot seed powder in it. This makes the texture a little bit grainy which is quite nice for exfoliating the skin. Oh, and this smells amazing.
How I Use it
I use this mask on my freshly cleansed facial skin. I have been using this 2 to 3 times a week since I got it. After applying it, I let is sit and dry. It takes around 20 to 30 minutes to dry. It does not dry down to a literal clay like a lot of clay based masks. After this, I wet it with water and gentle scrub it off. Keep pouring water and exfoliating as I remove it. Finally I splash lots of water and take it off completely.
If you look at my jar, you will notice I have almost half of it left. So this mask should probably on an average last for 4 weeks when used 2 to 3 times a week.
After washing it off, the first thing I notice is how soft and smooth my skin feels. It cleanses my skin really well. I do notice it absorbs extra oils and makes my pores look cleaner than before. Hence, it surely mattifies my skin nicely. However, with this mask, I cannot skip my moisturiser. It does not over dry the skin, but makes the dry areas on my face feel dry. Therefore, I strongly recommend you moisturise your skin after using this mask.
I feel this is a great mask-&-scrub product. It eliminates oiliness from the skin without making it feel super dry. However if you do have combination to dry skin or dry skin type, definitely do not skip your moisturiser. It deep cleanses the skin making it feel soft and smooth. It does not clean 100% of the pores, but it makes them cleaner that before. Hence skin looks more soft as well. Because this mask has these amazing clays as well as red algae, I do feel it will also help ladies who get minor breakouts now and then. It will definitely help calm your skin.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask
1. I really like the glass jar packaging. It looks luxurious.
2. The mask has an amazing fresh ocean like smell.
3. Thick consistency, still its easy to apply.
4. Exfoliating particles in it help get rid of surface dead skin cells.
5. Deep cleanses the skin.
6. Makes skin feel more soft and smooth.
7. Cleanses pores to an extent.
8. Never caused any irritation on my skin.
9. Not super expensive.
10. Good mask for a quick pamper session to mattify the skin.
CONs of L’Oreal Exfoliate & Refine Pores Clay Mask
1. May be slightly drying on dry areas of the skin.
2. It may be a little bit messy while scrubbing and washing it off.
3. The results it shows on my skin are not long lasting.
1. Always apply face masks on a cleansed facial surface.
2. Do not apply a thick layer, just make sure you cover the skin. An even thin layer is enough to show the desired results.
3. Always moisturise your skin specially after using a clay based face mask like this one.
4. Be gentle while exfoliating your skin.