Hello ladies, I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. With the lovely atmosphere of Eid, celebration is in the air with all the yummilicious feasts. For all those celebrating, I wish you all Eid Mubarak from my heart. May you have a fabulous time with friends and family. 🙂
On that special note, let me introduce you to the product we are talking about today. Its the Lotus herbals matte look sunscreen which I am sure a lot of you must have heard about or used. I am here presenting to you my experience with this product.
Claims by Lotus Herbals 3 in 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock
3-in-1 daily sunblock is a revolutionary sun protection formulation which combines broad-spectrum UVA & UVB protection with skin lightening ingredients to give a uniform matte finish to the skin. Its fast absorption and non-greasy formula ensures a shine-free, light & clean feel.
Water, talcum, kaolin light, glycerine, polyacrylamideC13-14 Isoparaffin laureth-7, oxybenzoene,octyl methoxy cinnamate, titanium dioxide, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, isopropyl myristare,cyclopentasiloxane, elcosene, copolymer, fumed silica, 2- phenoxyethanol, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, fragrance.
How To Use
Apply liberally and evenly on face and exposed parts of the body (neck, arms, legs, etc.) before exposure to sun. Re-apply frequently.
Birch Extract- Rejuvenating, reduces skin oiliness & refines skin pores.
Mallow Extract- Soothing & anti-inflammatory.
Hops Extract- Astringent properties.
Rs 325/- for 100g product.
In Detail Lotus Herbals 3 in 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40 Review and My Experience
The product comes in a bright orange coloured classic Lotus Herbals tube packaging with a flip open top. I find the tube packaging quite convenient to use and of course hygienic. I have been carrying it around in my bag. Though it never spills out, the product does tend to get accumulated around the mouth of the opening under the flip top which makes it look a little messy.
As you get the product out, you will notice this looks exactly like a tinted moisturiser. It doesn’t have any particularly noticeable scent to it. This smells slightly like our regular moisturiser, kind of herbal I guess. Speaking of the consistency of the product, it is not very thick, neither too runny. I find it pretty easy to work with. The texture is non greasy and light.
How I Use it
I have oily-combination skin which goes more on the oily side as the monsoons approach 😛 Now this was the reason why I went on to try this product as it promised me a matte look. I use this everyday after cleansing and toning my face. When I am using this, I do not use a separate moisturiser. This is easy to apply and spreads readily on the face. I won’t say it really absorbs in the skin, but it does not give me a feel that I might be having something on my skin. So basically feels quite light.
After applying, I notice that it does not give an ashy look, which is a problem with most sunscreens. So I am really happy about that. It does not immediately go matte but takes around 5-7 minutes. Once it settles on the skin, it does not make the skin look oily or shiny. I like to top it up with a little bit of loose powder on top. Now, because it is tinted, it does give a somewhat sheer coverage.
This sunscreen never broke me out or caused any irritation. I like the fact that this has a decent amount of sun protecting agents with UVA PA +++ and UVB spf 40 which I guess is quite enough for these monsoons to prevent tanning. This generally does not cause any increasing sweating, however on the days I am running up the stairs or exerting, its not like it blocks away the sweat. So what I want to say is, it does control the oils and gives a non oily look, but only under normal conditions.
PROs of Lotus Herbals 3 in 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40
1. Convenient, travel friendly packaging.
2. UVA and UVB protection to prevent tanning from moderate sun exposure.
3. Light, non greasy texture of the sunscreen.
4. Works well as a moisturiser so I do not need a moisturiser separately.
5. Gives a non shiny/oily finish, does not look ashy.
6. Does not break me out or irritate my skin.
7. This tube is going to last me long since I only need a pea sized amount everytime.
CONs of Lotus Herbals 3 in 1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40
1. The messy look under the cap because of the product accumulation is really non fab and I have to clean that very often.
2. I don’t find it extra extra matte, I mean this is fine under moderate temperatures, but not so super matte though.
1. If you are going to be out in the sun for a long time, however high spf you might have on your skin, please consider reapplication every 3-4 hours at least.
2. Always apply a sun screen of SPF >30 if you are going out specially in India.
3. Never miss applying sunscreen on your neck area too.
Skin Types it would suit
1. I guess dry skin beauties would find this to be really amazing.
2. Combination and Oily skin beauties would admire it, though I won’t say everyone will find it to be their holy grail product.
Will I repurchase this?
I really like the product how it works now but I am not so sure if I will be okay with it during harsh summers when the Sun god smiles at us with all his grace and glory. So I guess I might but it won’t be my first preference under harsh sun.