Pink lipstick! no way. I am not wearing it. It’s too bright for my skin tone. It will never suit me. It is meant for only fair skin tones. These were the things I use to say before I joined M.A.C as a Makeup consultant. Being a makeup artist at M.A.C. means that you have to try each and every product on yourself to get the exact idea of how the product feels – good or bad. After joining M.A.C I heard a lot about FLAT OUT FABULOUS from my colleagues but it was never in stock. But after sometime it was back in stock and I thought of giving it a try and that day changed the way I use to look at bright lip colors. Hence, let us go through the MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick Review, Swatches.
Claims for MAC Retro Matte Lipstick – Flat Out Fabulous
Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M A C famous.
Flat out Fabulous is described as a Bright Plum Shade with a Retro Matte finish.
Price of MAC Retro Matte Lipstick
$ 17.00 for 0.1 oz in the USA.
£ 15.50.00 for 3 g in the UK
₹ 1450.00 for 3 g in India.
In Detail MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick Review, Swatches and My Experience
Today I am going to write about one of my favourite lipsticks from M.A.C “Retro Matte FLAT OUT FABULOUS”. Flat Out Fabulous is a bright pink- plum color that comes in regular packaging like other lipsticks of M.A.C i.e. the black bullet case.
Flat Out Fabulous has a very matte texture as it is from the retro matte family. Due to this extra matte texture, the lipstick hardly bleeds.
The best part I like about it is that it stays for around 4-5 hours even after I have my meals. Moreover after 5 hours it leaves a hint of colour on my lips which looks like a lip stain.
In past 3 years I have tried lipsticks of various brands and realised that the staying power of lipstick not only depends on its texture and formulation but also depends on the way of application. By the way of application I mean prepping up your lips. To learn the best way of prepping up your lips scroll down to the application section.
Coming on to its pigmentation- it is highly pigmented. One swipe is sufficient for intense colour payoff but due its extra matte texture, it becomes a bit hard to apply it as you have to apply a bit pressure to it.
Being a makeup artist I have used Flat Out Fabulous on many of my clients with different skin tones and it has worked really well. The bright pink- plum colour not only brightens up your face but also adds confidence in you.
There are days when I don’t feel like doing any makeup; I just apply Flat out fabulous and it glam up my face. I have heard girls saying that matte texture dries up their lips. I am sure it does but only when you do not prep your lips well. According to me every bride should have Flat Out Fabulous in her trousseau. Not to forget the colour looks different on different skin tones and lightings.
Application – How to Properly Apply A Proper Matte Lipstick
- Apply any lip balm and leave it for 1 minute.
- After a minute wipe it with a tissue. This will remove the dead skin from the lips.
- Now re- apply lip balm and leave it for a minute.
- Pat the excess balm with a tissue.
- Now your lips are ready for the lipstick.
- You can apply it either directly on your lips or use a lip brush.
- Apply a lip primer that would moisturise and hydrate your lips. It also smoothes the lip and helps your lipstick stay longer.
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes and now your canvas is ready to be painted.
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Brightens up the face
- Highly pigmented
- Good staying power
- Hardly bleeds
Cons of MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick
- A bit hard in application if applied directly.
- Some of you might feel dry lips but for that prep your lips well.
- A bit pricey
- Before applying the lipstick do prep your lips well specially if you have dry lips.
- Use a lip pencil to define your lips and also fill the lips using the lip pencil. This would make your lips look crisp.
- Try using a lip brush for a better application
Overall I love the product. So beautiful ladies what are you waiting for, the wedding season is here and it’s the best time to glam up your look with the “FLAT OUT FABULOUS” lipstick. If you try out the product don’t forget to share your view and pictures in the comment section below. Also do let us know if the review was helpful to you.