MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo Shade Burnt Coral and Rich Yellow (Dark Medium): Don’t we all just hate those dark areas around the eyes and mouth? Yes we do, right? I know there are many concealers available in the market which could hide them. But for people like me who have very dark under eye problem and discolouration around the mouth, only concealer is not sufficient. We need a colour corrector to cut down that darkness. So hey guys!! My name is Addii and I am a makeup artist. Today I am going to to MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo Review, Swatches, Demo. This was launched last year. It has become one of my make up essentials. Ever since I got this product I don’t feel like using those thick cream colour correctors or concealers.
Claim for MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo
A professional duo of two complimentary corrector shades for customized skincare correction. Fortified with shea butter and vitamins C and E the correcting formula evens skin tone and visibly reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles for up to eight hours.
MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo Shades Available
Mid Peach – Mid Yellow (Medium)
Pale Yellow – Pale Pink (Light)
Pure Orange – Ochre (Dark)
Rich Yellow – Burnt Coral (Dark Medium)
How to Use MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo
- Apply to Skin directly from applicator.
- Blend with finger, brush or sponge.
Price MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo
$ 26.00 for 0.28 fl. oz in the USA.
£ 20.00 for 8 mL in the UK
₹ 1900.00 for 8 mL in India.
In Detail MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo Review, Swatches, Demo and My Experience
MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo is easily available at authorised MAC stores. In India MAC products are available only at their stores, but there are people selling fake products online at much cheaper price. Beware of these people.
Coming back on to the review, MAC studio conceal and correct duo is a duo of two complimentary colour corrector shades that come in a dual ended glass tube with a doe-foot applicator on each end. Each tube has 4 mL product in it.
One side has orange color corrector that cuts down the darkness and the other side has yellow color corrector which works well for highlighting the under eye and other concerned areas. The yellow corrector can also be used for hiding the purple or blue bruises or veins.
Coming to the packaging part- The packaging is not that attractive but yes its travel friendly. The duo comes in four shades – Light, Medium, dark medium and dark. Out of the four shades, I feel that dark medium is best for most Indian skin tones.
After buying this product, highlighting and concealing the dark areas became very easy and less time consuming. Due to its creamy liquid and smooth formula it blends easily and doesn’t even look layered up. The company claims that it visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for up to 8 hours, which is true but only if applied in the right quantity.
I have been using this product since 4-5 months now I can say there is a significant difference between how I used to look earlier with makeup and how I look now i.e. no cakey look, no oxidized makeup, just natural looking flawless skin. The best part about it is the fact that this is suitable for all skin types.
How I use it – Detailed Demo
- Moisturize your face well. Don’t forget the under eyes.
- Use a good primer to prime your face and now your face is ready for makeup.
- Start with applying the orange colour corrector with the doe – foot applicator on the dark areas such as under eyes, around the mouth or any discolourations on the face. Then pat it onto your using your fingers, concealer brush or a makeup sponge. I prefer using my ring finger for application. Start with taking less product first then build it up if required.
- Once the corrector is set, apply foundation and dab it on the corrected areas.
- Now apply the yellow concealer on the highlighting areas such as under eye, middle of the forehead, bridge of the nose and middle of the chin. You can also apply the yellow concealer on the areas having redness. Now your skin concealed and highlighted by just using one product.
More Photos, Swatches, Demo Images
Pros of MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo
- 2 in 1 product i.e. concealing and highlighting
- Travel friendly
- Comes with a doe foot applicator for application
- Non oxidizing
- Easy to blend
- Burnt Coral or Orange hides darkness and dullness.
- Rich Yellow helps in brightening up the eye area.
- Effects last as long as 8 hours as per MAC claims when used correctly.
- Will suit all skin types.
Cons of MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo
I do not find anything negative about this product
- To avoid creasing start with applying less amount of product and build it up if required.
- Use patting motion to apply the product.
- Don’t forget to apply a makeup primer for the application
If you try out this product do share your views in the comment section below.
I need this in my life Addii, totally getting it ?
U shud surely buy this product as it is a must have thing. Spcly if u have darkness under eyes