I’ve been following Manny MUA for a while now on social media. He’s just so ADORABLE at times! When he announced about his palette I was debating whether I should get it or not, mostly because of the price tag and the fact that I had no money at the time! At the time of the launch I couldn’t get it and then decided to forget about it. But it was too pretty to forget! I had been meaning to try more MUG eyeshadows anyways so I thought maybe I should just take the plunge and get it. Thankfully there were multiples opportunities to get it, so I saved up and bought it! Read on to know my thoughts on this bad boy.
About Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Geek has partnered with popular beauty vlogger MannyMUA to bring you a limited-edition, 9-pan custom palette that includes three of Manny’s favorite existing Makeup Geek Eyeshadows and six brand-new, exclusive shades. This thoughtfully curated collection contains every day and ultra-bold shades in matte, shimmery, and foiled finishes—a selection that’s true to Manny’s personality and preference for beautiful, warm tones. “This palette can be worn by anyone and everyone regardless of age or race—I wanted to make sure of that! I worked so hard on this palette and I couldn’t be happier with the results!” – MannyMUA
How to Use Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
- Apply a primer all over your lid to create a smooth base
- Set the entire eye with a light layer of Beaches and cream
- Create any eye look you want from light to super glam!
Ingredients of Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Boron Nitride, Carmine CI 75470, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene (&) PTFE, Titanium Dioxide Ci 77891, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Triethylhexanoin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Kaolin, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Isoeicosane, Magnesium Stearate, Polyisobutene, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Poloxamer 338, Silica, Manganese Violet CI 77742 Note: Sora is the only shade containing Talc.
Price of Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
This palette is exclusively available on Make up Geek’s website for $ 45.00 USD without tax! This palette is Limited Edition so it won’t be available for very long!
In Detail Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches and My Experience
I feel Manny MUA made a lot of smart choices when making this palette. It’s nice and well-rounded and offers a variety of looks with just 9 colors. I like how it’s not just neutral, but there are fun pops of colors included as well. Also, I don’t mind that it doesn’t have a black as the dark brown suffices!
Again, realised I didn’t have many transition shades, so that’s another reason whilst I bought this palette. Not to mention the sexy and sleek design. The palette is sturdy and has some weight which I love. It feels high end, not cheap.
Shades Included in the Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Geek Artemis
- Artemis is a muted champagne yellow with a shimmery finish.
- This is a nice color for an inner corner highlight or if lightly applied under the brow bone. It’s pearly and pretty!
Makeup Geek Beaches & Cream
- Beaches & Cream is a soft peachy beige with a matte finish.
- A perfect all over the eye shade for setting your primer and also for a matte brow bone highlight!
Makeup Geek Luna
- Luna is a medium rose gold with a foiled finish.
- So creamy and smooth, it’s perfect for the lid!
Makeup Geek Cosmopolitan
- Cosmopolitan is a gold-flecked medium rose with a shimmery finish.
- Another creamy foiled metallic that is good for the lid
Makeup Geek Sora
- Sora is a medium earthy terracotta with a demi-matte finish (with subtle specs of glitter on the surface).
- A perfect transition color. The specs of glitter aren’t very visible when applied
Makeup Geek Frappe
- Frappe is a medium maple brown with a demi-matte finish.
- A nice medium tone for building up the crease color
Makeup Geek Insomnia
- Insomnia is a warm red brown with blue reflects and a foiled finish.
- One of my favourites! Such a pretty duo chrome which is perfect for all over the lid or as an outer corner shade
Makeup Geek Mars
- Mars is a deep cherry red with a matte finish.
- One of the drier, gritty textured shadows which has a beautiful warm tone to it. Perfect for darkening the crease and outer corner
Makeup Geek Aphrodite
- Aphrodite is a deep plum brown with a matte finish.
- More brown then plum, it’s a great shade to add depth and definition to any look!
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Here is a look I did with the palette
Pros of Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
1. Good color selection from light to deep
2. Sexy packaging
3. Mirror included
4. Good quality, pigmented shadows
5. Easy to work with and blend
6. Good sampler palette for MUG shadows
Cons of Makeup Geek Manny Mua Eyeshadow Palette
2. Some shades are less smooth then others
3. Some shades stain the lids
1. Eye prep is important for any look!
2. Foiled shades can be used with fingers for more of an impact or a flat brush
3. Layer shadows from light to dark for more of a blended look
4. Keep a light hand so you don’t end up picking too much pigment
4 / 5
I’m really glad I got this palette. It was a chance for me to try MUG eyeshadows without paying the individual cost of each which is awesome. Would definitely recommend this if you want to try MUG shadows and like this colour selection!
Hope this review was helpful! Feel free to ask any further questions. Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts!
Have a great day beautiful <3