Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Shades Review, Swatches for shades I fall in love, Keep flying for you, Keep crying for you, Keep trying for you, You took my love.
All Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Shades Available
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer I fall in love
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Keep flying for you
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Keep crying for you
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Keep trying for you
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer You took my love
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Keep lying for you
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer What I believe
They come in 7 beautiful shades. I got all the shades except “Keep Lying for You” and “What I Believe”
Claims for Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers
This is your salvation to get perfect matte lips that are touch proof.
A long lasting lip gloss that goes on as a liquid and dries to a highly pigmented, bold matte finish which stays in place for hours! Easy to apply with the applicator to completely cover the lips. Completely touch proof!
How to use
Apply with the wand applicator or with a lip brush on clean exfoliated lips. Do not press lips together as these dry very quickly and may look patchy.
Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Polybutene, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Isododecane, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Red 6(CI 15850), Red 7 Lake(CI 15850:1), Red 27 Lake(CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake(CI 42090), Iron Oxides(CI 77492), Iron Oxides(CI 77499)
₹ 700 for 2 ml in India
$5.00 for 1.26 oz. in USA
£ 3 for 2 ml in UK
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Shades Review, Swatches and My Experience
The lipstick comes in a very shiny rose gold cardboard box which will draw your attention at first look itself. It has an opening on one side through which color of the lipstick can be viewed. It has a detailed list of ingredients, but expiry date is missing. Inside cardboard box a sleek transparent round plastic tube with a black cap and golden neck. The tube doesn’t have ingredient list or expiry date, but only a sticker on it which says the shade name. The tube is leak proof and sturdy, hence travel friendly.
The tube comes with a doe-foot sponge applicator which picks enough quantity of product to cover both the lips. The lip color is cream based and dries within a minute to give a semi-matte finish. A single swipe is enough to give a complete opaque color but it can be layered to give a fuller look.
Also, if your lips are chapped it would be good to exfoliate and moisturize before applying. As the product does get into fine line and a chapped lips will just enhance it and may look extremely patchy.
Staying Power, Formula, Shades Details
What I like about this product is the staying power. It stays for 8-9 hours without fading even the slightest. It is 100% transfer proof. I really get embarrassed when I see lipstick stains over my coffee mug and on spoons while I eat. This definitely saves me from that embarrassment.
The formula is very light. I layered it twice and still I hardly felt anything on my lips. Only issue is I feel this dries my lips a lot. But then that’s true with any matte lip color. Applying lip balm before applying this product does help a little.
The range has very limited shade (only 7) and I felt all colors are not suitable for our Indian skin tones. They have pretty fancy names like all the other MUR products.
1. I fall in love – It’s a bubblegum pink similar to that of a cotton candy. I feel this wont suit our darker skin beauties. Even on my face (NC30) it looked a little too bright to handle.
2. Keep flying for you – It’s a bright orange which definitely isn’t for Indian skin tone. The shade is too bright and will mainly suit fair skinned with pink undertones. People with yellow undertones should avoid this color.
3. Keep crying for you – It’s a punch pink which we normally call as rani color in our local language. This shade definitely impressed me. I feel it will suit both the fair skinned as well our dusky beauties.
4. Keep trying for you – It’s a beautiful cherry red which will suit almost all skin types.
5. You took my love – It’s a hot pink and a very bright beautiful shade. It’s good for parties but not for everyday wear.
More Photos and Swatches
Pros of Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers
1. Travel Friendly
2. Reasonable compared to other brands for similar type
3. Dries very quickly
4. Stays for 8-9 hours without fading
5. Nice travel friendly packaging
6. Very light on lips
7. 100% transfer proof
Cons of Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers
1. Very limited shades and most aren’t good for Indian skin tones
2. Dries lips
3. Need to exfoliate lips before applying as this enhances chapped lips
4. It’s not completely matte
Will I buy Again?
Well, yes if they come with more shades from this range.
Exfoliate lips and apply lip balm before applying this. Also, check for the shade whether it will suit you or not before purchasing.