This is my first review on the blog and it is a pleasure to share my reviews with other makeup lovers. Though NYX is officially launched in India but I purchased this NYX SMLC from Ebay. This is the first NYX product that I own and it is worth the money for sure. So let us get into the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Budapest Review, Swatches.
Claims for NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Budapest
Now available in twelve more statement-making shades, our velvety smooth Soft Matte Lip Cream delivers a burst of creamy color and sets to a stunning matte finish. Surprisingly durable, lightweight and delightfully creamy, it’s no wonder this sweetly scented formula is a NYX fan favorite.
- Straddles the line between lipstick and gloss
- Creamy, lustrous formula applies like silk
- Soft matte finish exudes a sensual glow
- Unique innovative texture adds the perfect polish to any look
Price of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
$ 5.99 for 0.27 fl oz in the USA
£ 5.50 for 8 mL in the UK
₹ 600.00 for 8 mL in India
I paid $6 + $4 (for shipping to India)
It almost took a month time to reach me from the Ebay international website.
In Detail NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Budapest Review, Swatches and My Experience
Budapest is a beautiful deep plum shade with brown undertones in it and excellent for every skin tone in the world. It is such a unique shade which appears deep mauve with red undertones on fair to medium skin tone and for dusky skin like mine it is a perfect mix of plum and brown. Even the deep and darker skin tone beauties can pull off this shade without washing out their natural complexion. Its smells wonderful but not overpowering
Texture & Finish
As the name suggest it is a super comfortable liquid to matte lipstick. On initial application it looks super glossy feels like it has smooth mousey texture to it. The color is super buildable, the color does not look patchy or cakey even with multiple layers. It does not dry out very quickly so on application we have enough time to play with it. It takes around 10 to 15 minutes to dry into perfect matte which is again almost transfer proof and smudge proof.
Another good thing that I find in this lipstick is, it is very forgiving on lips and never makes my lips feel like a lizard’s skin even after 5 hours of total wear.
These are superbly pigmented lipsticks but still I need to get two coats of it as my lips are quite pigmented. I must appreciate the color payoff and opacity of it. It is a one swipe opaque lipstick, with very smooth and creamy texture. Hence, makes it easy to apply on lips.
It is quite a disappointment for me to list that unlike other liquid to matte lipsticks these are not very long lasting. Though these dry into completely matte lipstick, become smudge proof and even transfer proof. However this is only for the period when my lips don’t touch food. In fact when I have snacks, it almost fades away.
It remains transfer proof when I drink water from glass and even when I kiss my baby but the meals or snacks can surely break the formula and nothing is left behind on the lips. Therefore, surely touch up is required after meals.
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Budapest
- Super pigmented gives complete opacity in a single swipe
- Turns out perfect velvet matte
- Even after drying to perfect matte doesn’t dry out or chap the lips
- Offers good wear time of around 5 hours
- The shades is suitable for all skin tones especially good for Indian skin tones.
- Nice vanilla scent which doesn’t linger for long and fades off after application.
Cons of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Budapest
- Though it offers good wear time, however even light meals can easily erase the lipstick.
- Nowadays there are dupes available for all high end and drugstore brands at very affordable costs. It is advisable to stay away from such dupes or replicas as we never know the quality of these products.
- It is good to purchase the products from trusted sources.
- Scrub your lips well before applying it to acheive the most even looking matte lips.
4.8 out of 5