Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks Review: Motherhood is a blessing but it comes with a baggage of its own. The body goes through a number of changes and stretch marks is one such unavoidable thing. Only few women are lucky enough to not have them but most women have to deal with stretch marks on their tummy, breasts and thighs. The market is full of creams, oils and lotion. Today I am going to review Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks that I used during and after my pregnancy.
Claims for Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for stretch marks is Hypoallergenic – Paraben Free, Phthalate Free. It is tested by dermatologist and safe at pregnancy time as well as after pregnancy also. It is made up of special ingredients such as special blend of pure cocoa butter, vitamin e, Bio C-ElasteTM and shea butter. Bio C-ElasteTM is rich enough in Sweet Almond Oil, Collagen, Elastin, Centella Asiatica and Argan Oil. This stretch marks massage lotion is non greasy, helps to improve the elasticity of skin, moisture and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Simply it is special formula for skin strengthening and relied on by expecting moms throughout the country.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula it is the secret of cocoa butter is that it melts at just below body temperature.
- It absorbs deeply and evenly to leave your skin soft and silky smooth.
- Ideal for deep moisturisation and overnight use, this emollient base is especially effective for drier, rougher areas of the body such as elbows, knees and cracked heals.
How to Use Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks
- Using a circular motion, gently massage lotion into areas prone to stretch marks, morning and evening.
- Second way – In place of your usual moisturizer, apply Palmer’s Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks all over body 3 times per day to improve skin’s elasticity and suppleness.
Ingredients in Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks
- Cocoa Butter: It is responsible for Naturally moisturizing skin that makes skin silky and smooth, not only this provides best result in roughest, driest areas also and turns that area in to buttery soft skin.
- Vitamin E: It is very effective antioxidant ingredients that helps to lighten the marks of scars, stretch marks and spots on the skin, giving soft and beautiful toned appearance.
- Collagen & Elastin: This ingredient is very helpful to improve skin elasticity, firmness and stretchability. The result of this leads an overall improvement in skin tone,appearance and suppleness.
- Centella Asiatica: This is best ingredients, that is highly recommended for stretch marks care , This natural leaf extract, helps protect and revitalize collagen and elastin fibers.
- Sweet Almond Oil: It has easily absorption power in to skin and a non-greasy, super moisturizing emollient. It has special property of antimicrobial that help reduce the chances of scarring and markings on skin.
- Argan Oil: has twice as much Vitamin E as olive oil and is rich enough in essential fatty acids and vital antioxidants. Helps soften and condition skin while reducing scarring.
Price of Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks
$ 5.29 for 8.5 oz in USA
C$ 5.47 for 250 mL in Canada
£ 4.75 for 250 mL in UK, Scotland
A$ 15.69 for 250 mL in Australia
NZ$ 18.99 for 250 mL in New Zealand
S$ 27.50 for 250 mL in Singapore
₱ 575.00 for 250 mL in Phillipines
₹ 475.00 for 250 mL in India
In Detail Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks Review, Swatches and My Experience
My mother had very few stretch marks and I was expecting the same for myself but unfortunately I did not inherit that from her. Till 7 months of pregnancy I had no stretch marks and I was feeling happy that I may not develop them in the future too. Post delivery I had thick purplish streaks running all over my lower abdomen. Thankfully I did not have stretch marks anywhere else.
I was using Moms Co. Natural Stretch Oil from my 5th month onwards. I have already reviewed that. Once I finished the bottle I thought of switching to Palmer’s Cocoa butter lotion which I am going to review today.
Palmer’s Cocoa butter lotion comes in a white color opaque plastic bottle with pump dispenser. There is nothing fancy about it but it is very convenient and hygenic to use. Its a huge bottle with a pump so won’t be very travel friendly.
The fragrance is sweet and pleasant. Its a little strong and during pregnancy your nose is already sensitive to different smells so some people may not like it. But I really loved the smell that used to linger after application. You can try smelling before purchasing if your nose approves of it then go ahead.
The consistency of the lotion is medium to thick. It spreads easily but takes a while to absorb. It claims to be non greasy but I feel that’s untrue. You need to keep massaging for a while until it is completely absorbed otherwise it keeps sitting on the skin like a sticky lotion.
I apply it in the morning after bath and at night before sleeping. Its a great moisturiser and keeps the skin hydrated. I used to have a lot of itching on my belly due to stretching of the skin in my last month. It used to help in combating that itchiness. It has slightly lightened the appearance of stretch marks but nothing extraordinary.
Its been 3 months since I am using it. I started applying this from beginning of my 9th month. The belly area becomes very saggy post delivery and the skin needs time to get firm. Once the skin is firm and your belly muscles are back to normal the stretch marks will automatically thin down. You need to take care of your skin and see that you do not keep it dry or scratch it too much.
Overall, I would say this is great as a moisturiser but does not do any miracles in treating the stretch marks. One should start working from the beginning of the pregnancy to reduce their appearance. But at the same time be prepared for them as 90% women get stretch marks during pregnancy. Keep calm and give your body time to get back in shape.
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of Palmer’s Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks
2. Pleasant smell.
3. Very moisturising.
4. Relieves itching skin.
5. No animal testing.
Cons of Palmer’s Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks
1. Contains mineral oil.
2. Needs to be massaged for a while or leads to greasiness.
1. Start working on your skin right from the start of your pregnancy.
2. If you are apprehensive to try different products during pregnancy, you can simply use coconut oil to massage onto your skin. The main point is to keep your skin moisturised and avoid scratching so that the condition does not get worsened.