Good morning my beautiful friends,
Soap and Glory products are not as easily available in the Indian market as they are in countries like USA and UK. I love trying out new stuff so I often get products from USA and UK. I had heard a lot about this particular body scrub from Soap and Glory and I really wanted to try it out. I used it during winters mostly and have almost hit the bottom of the tub. Now is the right time to share my experience about this product with you lovely people.
Claims for Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub Polish
A superhero strength skin smoothing body polish with shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar. Transforms your scaly legs from reptilian to radiant. Scented with our Original Pink™ fragrance.
How To Use
Apply a handful of Flake Away on to damp skin and massage in circular motions until most of the grains are gone. Rinse well, pat dry and apply body glossing oil or moisture butter. (Careful! Avoid application over irritated skin or abrasions, as salt scrubs can sting.)
Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
300 ml of it is sold for USD $15.00
Of course if you buy this in India at a store like sephora, it would be costlier than its price in US.
In Detail Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub Polish Review and My Experience
The scrub comes in a really pretty peachy pink coloured tub screw lid tub packaging. It has some really cool stuff written on the label. It promises to make very rough skin turn to soft and smooth. Well, it does exactly what it says.
It smells of really nice bergamot, mandarin, some nice florals etc. It has a really nice dual texture with scrub particles of 2 different categories. One are these little brown ones which are pretty tiny and result in very mild exfoliation. Second are flakes of sea salt which give the product its coarse texture.
How I Use it
I mostly like to exfoliate my skin with this while I am taking a shower. I would apply this on wet skin and very very gently massage this on my skin. At first it seems a kittke coarse because of the sea salt but then gradually the bigger salt flakes melt away leaving behind the tiny brown ones. So after the salt melts away, the brown particles do take over the job of exfoliation.
I also tried using it on dry skin. When used on dry skin, I get to achieve more intense exfoliation when I want since on dry skin, the salt flakes do not melt away so easily.
After washing the product off, my skin feels super soft and smooth. Flake away scrub does not dry out the skin at all. Over a period of time this helps get rid of tanning since it is such a good body scrub. Although it does not dry out the skin like ordinary body scrubs, I always moisturise my skin with my regular moisturiser.
Please make sure you do not use it on a skin which has cuts or bruises since salt in the product may cause intense pain. Overall I feel this is an amazing body scrub. It makes the skin supple and smooth. The only drawback of this product is its almost nil availability in the Indian market except for sephora.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub Polish
1. Easy tub packaging for this kind of a scrub.
3. Smells amazing.
4. The coarse salt particles provide good exfoliation and because they keep melting, they are not that harsh either.
5. Small brown particles keep giving the mild exfoliation even when the coarse ones melt.
6. Makes skin really soft and smooth.
7. Does not leave the skin too dry.
8. Not tested on animals.
CONs of Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub Polish
1. The biggest con is that soap and glory products are not easily available in India.
2. Its sold in a few stores mostly sephora where it is priced a lot more than its price in the USA.
1. If you have raw skin like a cut or abrasion, do not use this or it will sting because it has actual sea salt.
2. Do not be very harsh while using this scrub.
3. I would advice to work this scrub on the skin till the salt flakes melt completely. Keep going in gentle massaging motions till the salt melts.
4. Moisturise your skin after using this. Though it does not make the skin dry, it does contain salt scrub which is known for drying out the skin.
5. After you are done using this, the floor of the bathroom becomes very slippery so make sure you pour water and get rid of the slipperiness.