St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash Review: Hey guys, I hope you’re safe and happy. So today I am talking about a body wash from St. Ives that I have been using over the last few months. This brand is new in India but was quite popular even before.
I like using exfoliating body washes because it is kind of 2 in 1 for me. I am usually always in a hurry so I am all for multitasking specially when it comes to such things. Lets me take you through the details about this product and I will tell you about my experience with it.
Claims for New St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
Made with 100% natural sea salt and Pacific kelp extracts, and 100% natural walnut shell powder, our exfoliating body wash purifies and exfoliates for smooth skin, while cleansing with a sudsy sumptuous lather. It can be used as hand soap to effectively wash away dirt and bacteria. Step out of the shower feeling smooth all over.
- Peta Certified Cruelty Free
- Made With Plant-based Cleansers
- 100% Recycled Plastic Bottle
- Paraben Free
- Dermatologist Tested
How to Use New St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
- Pour a generous amount of body wash onto your hands or favorite squishy pouf!
- Lather over wet skin, soaking up the incredible scent.
- When you’re done, rinse off!
- Enjoy skin that feels smooth all over!
Ingredients in New St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
Ingredients/Ingrédients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Tetrasodium EDTA, PPG-9, Sea Salt, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Price of New St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
$5.56 for 24 oz. in USA
₹399.00 for 400 mL in India
In Detail New St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash Review and My Experience
The new st. ives sea salt and kelp exfoliating body wash comes in a tall white semi transparent plastic bottle with a flip open top. Now as I already mentioned, I really like using exfoliating body washes because it means I do not have to use a scrub as well as a body wash. If I use a body scrub, I mostly use them 2 or 3 times a week. But when I use exfoliating body washes, I can use them daily. Because they aren’t super harsh like regular scrubs.
This is a big sturdy bottle which is a good thing when you keep it in your bathroom. However it is not travel friendly. They don’t have this product available in other sizes here in India.
It smells really nice and fresh, really love this in the morning. Do note that this is an added fragrance. It looks like an opaque, white, creamy product. When you spread it a little, you can see those tiny exfoliants.
Walnut shell and Sea salt crystals are not the only exfoliating particles present in this product. It also contains “hydrated silica” which is again a mild abrasive ingredient commonly used in scrubs and toothpastes. I am also glad that this does not contain plastic of Polyethylene micro beads as per the ingredients list.
Now if you use it with a loofah, you are not easily going to feel those small exfoliants on your skin. I notice that when I use this product without a loofah, with my bare hands, I am able to appreciate the exfoliating particles better.
I usually just need a coin size amount of product per use. As I work the product on my wet skin, majority of those particles melt away which is probably because a lot of those particles are sea salt crystals. I does lather decent, but not too much. It lathers up much more with a loofah though. (please note that how much products lather also depends on the water hardness in your area. )
The exfoliating particles feel really nice and mild on my skin, I enjoy them actually. Not at all harsh. They aren’t abrasive on the skin. That is the reason I am okay using this everyday. But make sure to moisturise afterwards.
After washing it off, I see that it cleanses my skin well and makes it feel soft. It does not dry out my skin more than usual body washes.
If you’re someone who really cares about natural and artificial substances in bath products, let me tell you that walnut shell powder, sea salt and kelp extracts are the only natural ingredients used in this product. Rest all are either synthetic derivatives or chemicals.
I think this is a decent, affordable daily use mild to moderate exfoliating body wash which should be suitable for all skin types. If you’re someone like me and enjoy some multitasking products, you might want to try this one out. It is often on sale and you can score upto 35-40% discount sometimes.
PROs of St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
- User friendly packaging, affordable.
- Out of the 3 components in scrub particles, 2 are made of natural ingredients.
- Mildly exfoliating, I like using it everyday.
- Creates enough lather to wash the body properly.
- The brand says it can also be used as a hand wash.
- Leaves the skin clean and fresh.
- Does not contain parabens, cruelty free and the bottle is made of recycled plastic.
CONs of St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
- Not meant for heavy duty exfoliation.
- Only 3 ingredients in the entire ingredients list are natural. Rest are all either synthetic derivatives or chemicals.
- Does nothing out of the box really. But I like it because it does what its supposed to do effectively.
- Always moisturise the skin afterwards.
- Please go through the ingredients list always. The claims might say a thousand things, but you know we get played with words. So it is very important to go through the ingredients list carefully and see for ourselves what we are going to put on our skin.
- Ive read on some famous blogs that it is made of all natural ingredients. But I don’t know how they allow such false information to be published on a public platform (no offence). I want to assure you, that this product does contain chemicals. It is not 100% natural.
- I don’t advise using it on the face because I feel body exfoliants should never be used on face. The sea salt and walnut shell powder particle sizes may not be suitable for delicate facial skin.