The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel Review: Hey guys, so I am someone who loves trying out new things. However, always have a stock of old classics ready when I want to use them as well. I have been using The Body Shop shower gels since almost 7 years now. I remember the first thing I ever purchased from TBS was a shower gel. When I was in college, there was a mall almost across the street. I remember getting so much stuff from TBS that I honestly couldn’t possibly finish them up.
I used to buy this TBS Olive shower gel almost back to back because I loved it so much. Recently, TBS came up with a new packaging for their products and I am really like it. I got this in my recent haul from TBS online and now I am going to share my experience with this product.
About The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
Turn your shower into a Mediterranean delight, when you use our soap-free Olive Shower Gel, it will leave your skin feeling soft, cleansed and gently scented with a fresh and fragrant aroma.
- Shower gel
- Soap-free cleansing
- Liquid-gel texture
- Mediterranean, fresh, delicate scent
- Community Trade olive oil from Italy
How to Use The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
Lather in the shower. Rinse well.
Ingredients in The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Trisodium Sulfosuccinate (pH Adjuster), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour), CI 17200/Red 33 (Colour
Price of The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
$ 10.00 for 8.4 fl oz in USA
C$ 10.00 for 250 mL in Canada
£ 5.00 for 250 mL in UK and Scotland
€ 7.70 for 250 mL in Europe
CHF 9.90 for 250 mL in Switzerland
Kr 70.00 for 250 mL in Sweden
A$ 11.00 for 250 mL in Australia
NZ$ 17.50 for 250 mL in New Zealand
S$ 12.90 for 250 mL in Singapore
RM 29.00 for 250 mL in Malaysia
₹ 345.00 for 250 mL in India
I have mentioned the prices for the 250 mL variant which is the most commonly sold one. The shower gel is also available in a small 60 mL variant and a jumbo 750 mL size
In Detail The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel Review, Swatches and My Experience
The Body Shop shower gels come in a transparent bottle with a black coloured flip open/screw top. The top is actually matte. I really like the new packaging so much more than the old one. Like always, TBS has mentioned every information about the product including a detailed ingredient list at the back of the bottle. I really love how the colour of the bottle itself is olive green. Just gives it so much authentic vibes!
The Olive shower gel is slightly olive green in colour however it looks clear. It smells very fresh and clean with notes of fresh olive. I really enjoy such fragrances apart from my usual musky-vanilla-woody scents. I love the fact that the scent is really mild, not overpowering. But it goes away within an hour of showering. However, I still love to use this as a body wash all the time. It has a rather moderate consistency. Neither too runny, nor very thick. It pours out from the bottle easily.
Let’s talk about why this shower gel stands out so much. First things first, it has real olive fruits extract. It makes my skin super clean. At the same time does not over dry the skin. Its not like I don’t need to use a moisturiser after using it. I mean I still need a moisturiser. But my skin just doesn’t feel stretchy or dried out. Still my skin feels clean and refreshed. It does lather pretty nicely specially when I use it with a loofah or bath lily as TBS calls it.
I feel like this a very nice body wash from TBS. I have repurchased it quite a number of times because I really like the way this smells. It feels refreshing. Because I take shower in the morning, this just lifts up my senses. Another good thing about this body wash is, it does not over dry my skin. My skin doesn’t feel stretchy or dry. Because its summer, I have been really loving this particular body wash as a sometimes skip moisturising when I am in a hurry during morning. Of course, one very important reason why I love TBS is that they don’t test on animals. So its always good to know no cute little baby animals were harmed to make something for me.
More Photos, Swatches.
PROs of The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
1. User friendly, travel friendly packaging. I really like the new packaging design as well.
2. Smells very fresh as well as clean with slight olive notes in the background.
3. Lathers up well.
4. Makes skin very clean and removes all sorts of impurities.
5. Does not over dry the skin.
6. Even if I skip using a moisturiser after this, my skin does not feel stretchy or super dry.
7. Lifts up my mood kind of scent, really enjoy it specially during mornings.
8. Available in 3 sizes.
9. Very affordable.
10. Not tested on animals.
CONs of The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
1. While it does not contain a typical “soap” in the ingredients, it does contain two forms of surfactant – Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Cocamidopropyl Betaine.
1. While this body wash does not over dry the skin, it does not provide any moisturisation either. So unless you’re in some real hurry, I suggest to moisturise your skin always after using this or any other normal body wash.
2. If you really like the scent, layer it up with body lotion, body butter etc from the same range by TBS.
3. If you’re planning to travel with this, always keep it in leek proof bags because although the bottle is sturdy, you never know co-incidences where a product might leak. So always put liquids inside leak proof bags.