The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil Review: Hi everyone, today I am going to talk about a very important product used in almost every household for an optimal haircare routine. I am talking about head massage. In fact, coconut oil is a staple choice amongst most people for this purpose. I have sworn by oiling my hair since childhood and I love trying new stuff for my hair. This time I decided to pamper my hair with The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil and I am completely blown away with the results.
Claims for The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil
Pick up our luxurious oil when your hair is in need of pampering. Enriched with organic coconut oil, this nourishing product can be used pre-wash, as a leave in conditioner, or as a soothing scalp treatment.
- Hair oil
- For dry, weak or damaged hair
- Community Trade organic virgin coconut oil from Samoa and soya oil from Brazil
- Pracaxi oil
- Eco-conscious standard
- 99% ingredients of organic origin
- No silicones or colourants
How to Use The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil Review
- Flip open top cap and gently squeeze bottle to dispense oil into your palm.
- Massage the hair oil into your hair as per your usual hair oil routine.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes.
- Use thrice a week or as often as desired.
Ingredients in The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil
Community Fair Trade Coconut Oil, Organic Amazonian Pracaxi Oil.
Price of The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil
₹ 695.00 for 200 mL
In Detail The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil Review My Experience
The TBS Rainforest Coconut Oil comes in a brown color plastic bottle and a white flip open cap. From outside it looks as if the oil is coloured but its almost transparent when taken out.
When one thinks of coconut oil, there is a characteristic smell that one expects but this one has a very mild synthetic kind of smell. This is a huge turn off for me and I am not happy with the fragrance at all. The texture is very light and non sticky which you normally do not expect from any coconut oil.
After application, the hair does not feel heavy or weighed down. I apply this oil every time before washing my hair which is 3 times a week. With its regular use I have observed a lot less tangles in my hair. My hair is on the drier side and they have become soft and manageable. My husband too shares this oil with me and he has trouble with dandruff which he feels has reduced too.
Another bonus point is you need a very small amount of this oil for your entire hair. It gets easily absorbed and does not give that ‘chipkoo’ feeling after application. Its more like a serum and will easily last for a long time. It is definitely expensive for the quantity you get but the benefits are many so it does not pinch. My hair texture has really improved after its use and I am definitely buying it again.
OveralI, except the fragrance there is no downside in this oil. It might be heavy on your pocket but the results have amazed me. So, if you are someone who stays away from oiling but wants to give head massage a try then you should try this oil as it is non greasy and makes hair soft and manageable.
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil
- Leaves hair smooth,soft and shiny.
- Doesn’t freeze during winters unlike coconut oil
- Not greasy
- Paraben Free, Silicone Free, Colourant Free.
- Leaves hair tangle free.
- Light weight.
- Lasts long.
- Easily absorbed.
- Can be used as a leave in serum.
- Not tested on animals.
- Non staining nature.
- Easily rinsed out while washing.
Cons of The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil
- Not so pleasing fragrance
- It is great to leave the oil on the scalp for a long period but not more than 24 hours as then it’ll start attracting dirt and make the hair weak.
- After oiling your hair, wrap a hot, wet towel around it for 2 to 3 minutes to get it absorbed in the scalp. But always check the temperature of the towel. Too much heat is harmful to your hair.