The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter Review: Hey guys, I hope everyone is preparing their Diwali shopping list as the grand festival is just around the corner. This time during autumn, my lips feel specially dry. I mean I do get dry lips if I don’t use a lip balm in general. However during autumns, my skin demands extra hydration. But its not that simple. I have naturally combination skin and if I use something extra oily of waxy, my skin starts breaking out. Hence, I decided to pick up something which is moisturising but not overly waxy. Let us go through the details and my experience below.
About The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
Flaunt the best of your pout with this intense care that you receive from The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter. It will improve the texture of your lips, making them soft, smooth, and beautiful. Let the goodness of butter melt on your lips. The creamy shea butter ensures that your lips receive the best hydration. The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter:
- Provides instant and long lasting hydration.
- Leaves lips feeling buttery soft and smooth.
- Contains precious extracts of shea butter.
- Has a smooth and buttery texture that melts on your lips.
How to Use The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
Apply directly to lips throughout the day.
Ingredients in The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil) (Emollient), Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer (Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer) (Skin-conditioning Agent), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin (Emollient), PEG-8 Beeswax (Emulsifier), Aroma (Flavour), Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emollient), Silica (Absorbent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate (Flavour), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 15850 (Colour).
Price of The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
₹ 250.00 for 10 mL in India.
$ 7.00 for 0.34 fl oz in the USA.
£ 4.50 for 10 mL in the UK.
In Detail The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter Review and My Experience
There are probably 100 options in the market when it comes to choosing a lip balm. However as I mentioned above, I wanted something moisturising and non waxy for a change. After a little hunt in some beauty supply stores, I landed up in The Body Shop store. One thing I always appreciate is the fact that TBS SAs are always very helpful. I explained what I was looking for and this is the first product I was introduced to. I tested it out on my hand and the texture seemed perfect – Exactly what I was looking for. Hence I went ahead and bought it.
Do you know, I even forgot to use my TBS membership card for an additional 10% discount that day! 🙁 Anyways, I was very happy with what I got. (I had purchased this a while back from TBS online, however my mum decided to keep it because she kind of loved it 😀 )
The TBS lip butter comes in a little tub with a screw lid on top. I like the packaging because its kinda pretty. But at the same time I wish they had it in the form of a squeezy lip tube. I mean because a tube would have been more hygienic.
Anyways, apart from that I love the fact that TBS never fails to mention all the details about the product on the packaging no matter how small the product is. So although this isn’t a 5 star packaging, its still okay to use.
TBS Shea lip butter has a very nutty shea fragrance with some vanilla notes. Its quite noticeable, I wouldn’t say strong. I actually love such scents so I don’t really mind it. The best part about this product is its texture. Its soft, creamy like butter but doesn’t feel very waxy. The lip butter feels like it slightly melts when I touch it due to the warmth of my finger. Please note that this lip butter doesn’t get absorbed easily.
How I Use it
As Night time Lip Moisturiser – I love slathering my lips with lip moisturisers at night before sleeping. The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter has been my current favourite. It moisturises my lips well without any waxy feeling. Even if it moves around a bit around my mouth, I know I am not going to break out really. In the morning I wake up with fresh, soft and supple lips.
Under a Matte Lipstick – Everyone know that when we apply matte lipsticks on unprimed lips, it doesn’t look good. On the other hand if we apply matte lipstick on an overly moisturised lips, the lipstick doesn’t stay super matte anymore. So I feel this lip butter is a perfect option for the purpose.
But please take care how you use it. Apply a super thin layer of the shea lip butter on the lips and massage slightly. Make sure there is no remnant waxy feeling. This way, my lips don’t feel super dry while wearing matte lipsticks.
Other Times – During the day as well when I am not wearing makeup, staying at home. I love applying this lip balm. It is non tinted so doesn’t give any colour to the lips. However I love how it moisturises and softens my lips.
Overall this lip butter does a great job at hydrating my lips. I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a less waxy lip balm to try out. This lip butter is perfect for autumn and winter seasons when our skin battles dryness. Also, if you’re a matte lipstick fan, you might love this as a base as well.
Another thing to love about this product is its quantity. I mean a price tag of 250/- is okay when the product actually lasts for more than a month. Therefore, do give this lip balm a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments below. If you have tried it before, we’d love to hear your experience with it.
PROs of The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
- I like the small tub packaging, its adorable.
- I am a fan of nutty vanilla scents, so this was actually a treat.
- A creamy lip butter which doesn’t feel very waxy.
- Moisturises the lips very well.
- Makes lips soft and supple.
- Can be worn on its own (non tinted) or you can wear this under your favourite lipstick.
- TBS does not test on animals and that makes me reach out for its products very often.
CONs of The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
- Not meant to heal very dry or chappy lips. If you’re dealing with such an issue, I suggest scrub your lips properly first to remove all the dead cells. Then use a lip butter or balm generously. Make sure to never forget to moisturise your lips.
- The product does contain a lot of added flavours and fragrances.
- I always have an issue with tub packaging whenever a product is supposed to be directly applied to the skin.
- If you have dry lips like me, never forget to generously treat your lips with a lip balm/butter before going to sleep.
- Wear a tinted lip balm during the day if you’re not a fan of lipsticks. It is very important to keep the lips moisturised otherwise they do not look very pretty.
- Even if you have normal lips which are not very dry, I do recommend wearing a light lip balm everyday to keep your lips hydrated.
- Make sure your fingers are clean every time you dip into the product.