The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash Review: Hey guys, so its been a while I guess since I have talked about my regular face wash. If you don’t know already, my skin type is combination. So my normal instinct is to choose a face wash with glycolic acid or salicylic acid in it. However, I really wanted to give my skin a break from these harsh ingredients. I wanted to try out something which is nourishing as well as clarifying. So I scanned through the ingredients of some of the body shop face washes and finally decided to purchase this one. I have been using this for about 6 weeks now. Let’s see how it worked for me and if it is worth the money.
About The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
- A gentle facial wash that lathers on the skin to leave it feeling clean, soft and refreshed.
- Wheat germ oil, one of nature’s richest resouces of Vitamin E, moisturises, nourishes and helps to condition the skin.
- Vitamin E helps to condition and protect of skin
- Cleans the skin without drying it out
- Helps to remove excess oil, light makeup and impurities
How to Use The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
- Wet the face with clean water.
- Squeeze a small amount from the tube and rub together between your palms to create a lather.
- Massage onto the face and neck using your fingertips.
- Rinse off with clean water and pat skin dry.
Ingredients in The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (Emollient), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer (Viscosity Modifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 17200/Red 33 (Colour), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colorant).
Price of The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
$ 15.00 for 4.2 fl oz in USA
C$ 16.00 for 125 mL in Canada
£ 7.50 for 125 mL in UK, Scotland
€ 13.00 for 125 mL in Europe, France
CHF 17.90 for 125 mL in Switzerland
Kr 117.00 for 125 mL in Sweden
A$ 19.00 for 125 mL in Australia
NZ$ 23.50 for 125 mL in New Zealand
S$ 20.90 for 125 mL in Singapore
RM 59.00 for 125 mL in Malaysia
₹ 695.00 for 125 mL in India
In Detail The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash Review, Swatches and My Experience
The Vitamin E gentle face wash by TBS comes in a really pretty soft peachy pink coloured tube packaging with a flip open top. Like always, TBS has given a complete list of ingredients at the back of the tube. I’ll be honest and say that I like tube packagings more as compared to regular TBS bottles specially for face washes. Unlike the body shop tea tree face wash, this one is more convenient to use.
The face wash is really creamy in consistency. By the appearance, almost looks like a lotion. Its light baby pink in colour. It doesn’t really lather up much. In fact, it almost reaches the fine margin where a product starts to foam up. Oh and this smells really soft and nice.
How I Use it
Usually I use this face wash in the morning. Because in the morning, I have no makeup to take off and I just need to get rid of extra oils on my skin. I take around a dime sized amount of the face wash on my palm and work it through my wet facial skin. I like to work in gentle motions specially around my nose as well as chin area. After about a minute or two, I wash it off with normal temperature water.
I have heard lots of bloggers complain about the fact that this face wash does not take off makeup completely. Well if you read the claims made by TBS, you will notice they say – It helps to take off light makeup! So basically this face wash isn’t meant for taking off moderate to heavy makeup. Hence, do not expect this to remove mascara, kajal or anything with intense colour.
Speaking about how effectively it cleans my skin, I would say this does a pretty good job. It takes off all the extra oils on my skin and mild impurities which I might have in the mornings. What I really like about this face wash is that is never makes my skin feel dry or stretchy. It cleans my skin well and leaves it feeling soft as well as supple. Also, I think that this would work really nicely for beauties with dry skin type.
In a nutshell, I have to say I love this face wash as my morning everyday face wash. However I wouldn’t suggest using this as a makeup remover. Also, this wouldn’t be suitable if you’re looking for something to remove lots of oils and impurities. That’s why, I choose to use this in the mornings when my skin is basically clean and just needs something to take off extra oils. This might be a great option for ladies with sensitive and dry skin because it never makes the skin feel dry. Please make sure you always do a patch test before using a product all over your facial skin.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
1. Packaging is really convenient.
2. Smells nice.
3. Cleans my skin nicely, without drying it out even a bit.
4. Takes off excess oil and mild impurities.
5. Mild on the skin.
6. Isn’t tested on animals.
CONs of The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
1. Although this is mild, it does contain surfactant in the form of SLS.
2. Does not remove lots of oils or lots of dirt from the skin.
3. Contains quite a lot of chemicals.
1. Use this face wash when your face isn’t really dirty, but you just want to freshen it up by removing some extra oils.
2. I often use this before applying my makeup, it makes my skin feel soft without drying it out even the slightest.
3. Do not use this as a makeup removing face wash because it is not meant for removing makeup. Although this might remove it if you just have some face powder or something very light on.
4. I am quite happy with this because it does what it claims.