The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask Review: Calendula is commonly known as Marigold or Gende ka phool in hindi. The flower grows in abundance in my garden. So when I saw that The Face Shop has a calendula face mask, I immediately got it.
I kind of never used Marigold in skin care before and this sheet mask intrigued me. If you do look it up, you’ll come to know that this flower is actually quite popular for its skin benefits.
Anyway, let us come back to the topic now and talk about this sheet mask from TFS. Does it work the way it claims?
About The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask
A mask sheet that removes dead skin cells and leaves skin smooth and soft. Enriched with calendula extracts, the all new Real Nature Calendula Face Mask by Face Shop is here to transform your skin! The rich extracts relax and soothe exposed, rough and sensitive skin instantly and leaves it feeling deeply nourished. So ladies, this is a mask we absolutely swear by. Are you ready for gorgeous skin days? We think so!
How to Use The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask
- Wash face and apply toner. Remove mask from packet and gently unfold.
- Place mask on entire face, smoothing to fit curves and adjusting around eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Remove after 10 to 15 minutes and pat in remaining content to absorb into skin.
Ingredients in The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask
Water/Eau , Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , Alcohol Denat., Sorbitol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Propanediol, Betaine, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance.
Price of The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask
In Detail The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask Review and My Experience
The packaging is pretty simple. Its a nice packet with the sheet mask inside. Good part is, it is very travel friendly. You can just put a couple of these in your purse and carry them along while travelling.
Also, don’t need a pair of scissors to open them. The groove near the top, just tear it along that groove and it easily opens.
Inside the packet, the sheet mask is soaking in the serum. It is a white colour sheet mask, nicely folded. The fragrance is floral but not at all like the marigold aka calendula flowers I know. If you look at the ingredients list, you will notice that this is an added fragrance.
This makes me wonder, how much of actual calendula flower extracts are actually in there.
How I Use it
Just unfold the mask and adjust it on my face. The mask is slightly larger than my face, but a little bit adjustment does the job. I leave it on for around 10-15 minutes.
I recently read somewhere that you shouldn’t wait for sheet masks to dry completely. Or else, they reverse soak or soak the serum back from the skin.
Therefore, now I just leave the sheet masks for the recommended amount of time. I do not wait for them to dry completely.
So as I was saying, after 10-15 minutes, I take it off. There is some serum which feels like its sitting in my skin. I just massage it a little and it soaks in nicely.
The sheet mask claims that it removes dead skin cells 😮 and soothes/nourishes dry, rough skin! Well, as per my personal honest experience, I did not see it removing any dead skin cells. However yes it was nice and nourishing. It basically moisturised my skin super nicely.
In fact, these days I have started keeping my sheet masks in the fridge like half an hour before using. So when I put them on my face, it feels super cooling and soothing. Because of the deep hydration effect, the skin looks plum and smooth. Therefore the 2nd part of the claim is indeed met.
My only complain is, the effects are not long lasting at all. Like I used it in the morning, and up until evening, my face looked nourished and fresh. However by night, my skin felt back to its usual self.
So this mask is like fun to use for a nourishing pamper day session. But do not expect long term results from it.
I think if you have dry skin or dry to normal skin, you will probably love this mask. But my oily and combination skin beauties aren’t really going to gain much out of this.
This is deeply hydrating mask which gives nice and plump skin for a day. Won’t recommend this if you’re looking for long term benefits.
PROs of The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask
- Easy to use and carry along packaging
- Smells nice and floral
- Very hydrating on the skin
- Feels soothing and calming on the skin (especially because I chilled it in the fridge before using).
- Does not cause any irritation on my skin.
- Good for a pamper session.
- Affordable (look for deals I’d suggest, very often these are available as – buy 5 get 5 offer which is pretty much a 50% off if you’re buying in bulk).
CONs of The Face Shop Calendula Real Nature Face Mask
- Short lasting effects.
- Does not remove dead skin cells like it claims
- Has lots of chemical ingredients besides the natural extracts
- Keep sheet masks on for only the recommended duration. If you wait for it to dry completely, it might work the reverse way. It means it can actually soak back the moisture from your skin because of its adsorbing properties.
- During hot summers ( its like raging hot here), pop sheet masks in the fridge before using. It just feels A-H-Maaazinnngg on the skin.