YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips Review: Hey guys. Today I am going to talk about this new product that I discovered recently. I used to get waxing done at salons when I was in college. However after that, I usually either call a salon lady at home or I wax myself. Initially I tried the regular hot wax but who am I kidding, it was extremely messy and time consuming. So I moved on to cold wax. Therefore I have been using cold wax strips for quite sometime now. On my recent visit to Bangalore, I discovered this product in a beauty supply store and I had to pick it up because the SA couldn’t stop raving about it. I am actually thankful that I got it. Please keep on reading to know how this works and why this is my favourite cold wax strips.
About YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips
Discover the most convenient, hygienic, infection free & safe way to wax in the comfort of your home! First ever Sugar & rosin free, Hypoallergenic, brightening cold wax strips in India. Developed by The YLG Institut, the salon experts delighting millions of customers of You Look Great Salons. Salon Pro Cold wax strips are specially designed for Indian skin with superior European technologies.
- Hypoallergenic formula, safe to us even on sensitive skin.
- Enriched with soothing Argan Oil & & Vitamin E. Makes hair free, smoother, brighter & glowing skin easier, and less painful than ever before.
- Use the long strips for legs, arms, back and short strips for delicate facial skin and sensitive bikini line.
- Salon Pro strips remove hair from the roots ensuring long lasting smoothness up to 4 weeks, leaving your skin shining with a golden glow.
How to Use YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips
Ingredients in YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips
Price of YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips
Contains 12 wax strips for the body, 8 wax strips for sensitive areas and 4 post wax wipes.
In Detail YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips Review and My Experience
So this comes in a regular paper box packaging with all the strips and wipes inside. The wax in the strips looks golden in colour and you can actually see it glittering! Who doesn’t like gold with glitters?
Another thing that you’ll notice is the smell. It smells like vanilla cupcakes. Of course that is an added scent to the formula of the wax, but I love it. Coming to the actual thing here, let’s talk about how this works below.
How I Use it
I make sure my skin is clean and dry before I use this. No moisturiser or anything. I take the joint strip, rub it in between my hands for like 10 seconds and then pull it apart. Then I apply one strip on the desired area of my skin in the direction of hair growth. I rub it so that all the hair stick to the wax properly. Then I pull the strip off my skin against the direction of the hair growth. Please be careful that your skin is tight and firm when you’re pulling the wax strip off. Otherwise, you may tense your skin with the other hand.
After this entire procedure, I take the post wax wipes and wipe my freshly waxed skin.
This wax pulls off each and every hair perfectly. After I am done, my skin is smooth, clean and soft. It executes its job perfectly. Of course, I do feel the pain which I normally feel while waxing. But I kind of like cold wax better because at least I don’t have to bear that super hot wax almost burning my skin. I mostly use the bigger strips meant for body on my hands and legs. The smaller strips I use for my upper lip and chin area sometimes. They both work perfectly.
If you’re someone on the go and do not usually find out time to go to salons for waxing, you should totally check out cold wax strips. They work equally as good as salon waxing as well as saves some money. Because one waxing session at my salon used to cost around 500 for full arms and another 800 for full legs. With these strips, I wax my entire arms and legs almost 2 to 3 times. Plus the smaller strips are handy for upper lips and chin hair. So right now, since many months I have been using cold wax strips and I think they are amazing. This one box costs only like 300 and definitely saves time and money. Plus it smells like vanilla and looks glittery golden in colour. I totally recommend this to all you guys. However please make sure to do a patch test on a small area of your skin before using it all over. This is because different products behave differently on different people sometimes.
PROs of YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips
1. Simple, travel friendly packaging.
2. Has body waxing strips as well as smaller strips for delicate areas.
3. Looks glittery golden in colour and smells like vanilla.
4. Works amazing at removing all hair from the roots.
5. Leaves my skin smooth and soft.
7. Cold wax is better than regular hot wax because former does not cause any burns due to hot wax.
CONs of YLG Gold Glitter Brightening Cold Wax Strips
1. You can achieve similar results with all cold wax strips. So not much out of the box.
2. One needs to learn properly how to use cold wax strips before using them because otherwise they can hurt themselves.
1. If you’re unsure about how to use it, take help of a friend or an elder who has used this before.
2. Make sure to warm the joint strips in between the palms. This softens the wax and thus it sticks better to the hair.
3. Definitely do a patch test on a small area of your skin on hands or legs before using it everywhere.
4. After using the wax strips, make sure to use post wax wipes. It soothens the skin as well as removes any remaining or stuck traces of wax from the skin.
5. I do not advise self waxing delicate areas of your skin unless you’re an expert. It takes quite sometime to learn without harming the skin.