Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo Review: Hello everyone! Colouring one’s hair has become quite a rage these days. If not fully, it’s rare to come across girls without any highlight or streaks in their hair. As much fun as dyeing can be, it damages hair greatly and might lead to excessive hair fall in the absence of proper care. You might be thinking about that terrific serum that you never fail to use, but that comes later. C’mon, a shampoo comes first right?
Last week, I took some of my mom’s hair colour (actually really stole it haha) and applied some of it as an experiment. The result was a deep burgundy which I liked a lot. However, my hair turned very rough after a day and the shampoo I normally use did nothing to remediate the situation. That’s when my mom stepped in (okay she was a little angry) and gave me the shampoo that I shall be reviewing today. Namely, Yves Rocher Colour Protection and Radiance Shampoo. Breaking the suspense, it worked out perfectly, softening my rough hair and brightened the colour instead of washing it out. Do read the details below.
About Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo
The Secret of Botanicals: Hawthorn! For colored, fragile and dull hair, use Yves Rocher Protection & Radiance Shampoo with protective Organic Hawthorn which is known for its therapeutic qualities to take special care of your hair. The organic extract selected by Yves Rocher Laboratories halts the production of free radicals formed by the action of UV rays.
How to Use Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo
1. Apply a little amount of shampoo to wet hair and work up a lather.
2. Leave it on for 3-4 minutes.
3. You may follow with Yves Rocher Colour Protection and Radiance Conditioner or a conditioner of your choice.
4. Wash off.
Ingredients in Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo
I love the fact that this is silicone and paraben free unlike most shampoos in the market.
Price of Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo
$ 5.95 for 300 mL in USA
₹ 550.00 for 300 mL in India
In Detail Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo Review and My Experience
The shampoo comes in a basic green coloured plastic bottle that has labels at the front and the backside. I must say that the bottle strikes me as a little bigger than most shampoo bottles with nothing fancy whatsoever. The flowers at the front label are pretty though. The bottle is sturdy and has a secure cap so if you travelling with this one, other than the size, there wouldn’t be much trouble.
Colour, Consistency & Fragrance
The milky white shampoo has a gel like consistency, not too thick or greasy. It has a balmy fragrance that is not too overwhelming. When you work it into lather, the fragrance almost vanishes. However, it does leave a sweet scent in your hair after you have washed it off.
My hair feels soft and bouncy after using this shampoo. It adds a nice shine to my hair and also acts as a colour guard. With this, my hair colour looks fresh as new, even after repeated washing. However, it doesn’t do much for my frizzes. So if you have frizzy hair, a conditioner is must.
I usually shampoo in alternate days with any brand and this one is no exception. However, if you are not so frequent, let me tell you that the bounce and shine from this one will last 3 days at best, after which another round of shampoo will definitely be needed.
The colour retains for a month, looking fresh and radiant.
Where to get it: Nykaa or Amazon. Some big retailers like Spencer’s also stock it.
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo
1. Sturdy packaging that is travel-friendly
2. Fine fragrance
3. Paraben, silicone and colorant free
4. Leaves hair soft and bouncy
5. Helps in retaining and brightening the colour
Cons of Yves Rocher Colour Protection & Radiance Shampoo
1. Might be expensive for some.
2. Does not smoothen out frizzes without a conditioner.
3. The shine and bounce will not last beyond 3 days.
Would I Recommend/ Repurchase?
Yes. This is a perfect solution for rough, dry, coloured hair. I am going to keep buying this and recommended it for all.
1. Always oil your hair a day before shampooing. You may apply oil at night, before sleep, and leave it overnight.
2. Try shampooing your hair in alternate days.
3. Conditioner is must if you have frizzy hair. Using the conditioner from the same brand as the shampoo works best, but you can definitely use a different one.
4. Always check for allergies. All chemicals do not suit everyone. If you think that a particular shampoo is causing itches or a burning sensation at the roots, wash off immediately and discontinue.\