It was a beautiful spring morning today. Woke up to the sound of birds and I loved it. So after I cooked breakfast for Mr. husband, I felt like putting on some lippie. I looked into my pretty huge collection of lip products and reached out for this. I used to love wearing this lip color in college and it reminded me so much of Manipal. So lets read further to find out more.
Claims about Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor 008 Charming Pink
Colorbar Pout in a pot is a lip paint collection of supremely sumptuous colors. Now pamper your lips with the deliciously syrup lip color, cushiony and wet it optically plumps your lips for such a sexy plushy pout you’ll become addicted to. Surprisingly comfortable and emollient, it soothes your smile all day long.
The collection comes in 8 striking colors that are perfect from day time gleam to night time glam.
- A luscious range of lip colours Pout in a Pot for plump and gorgeous lips
- A rich creamy lip colour is a must-have for the upcoming season
- Pamper your pout with this attractively plumping lip color that stays color-true and gives lips beautiful, lustrous depth
- Pout in a Pot is loaded with emollients to deep nourish and moisturise your lips
- It is a rich creamy formula that gives you shining hue in a single stroke
- The lip colour has silky texture and luxurious finish and you don’t need to apply lip gloss over it
- Packed in an attractive transparent jar the lip colour is easy to carry in your bag
- Moreover, the pot has a mirror and special applicator that makes it easy to use
Rs 550/- for 6 g product in the jar.
In Detail Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor 008 Charming Pink Review, Swatch, FOTD
The lip color comes in a pretty plastic jar with a silver coloured flip open top which has a lock mechanism. The top has a special space for the applicator which is fitted tightly in it. It can be a little tough to get the applicator out if one does not know the proper technique. One has to apply pressure on the proximal end part instead of the serrations. Still if one’s facing a problem removing it, use some forceps or tweezers to get it out. After a couple of times it becomes pretty easy to remove. It has a mirror on the underside of the top which is an amazing feature for a lip product since you never know when a re-touch is required. It came in a silver coloured cartoon box which had all the product details.
Texture and Formula
The lipcolour has a super creamy texture almost like a liquid lipcolor. The formula is very hydrating and because it gives a very glossy finish, it makes the lips look apparently plump. I absolutely need to lip balm underneath of course. In fact while applying I have to be careful because its easy to go beyond margins.
Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor 008 Charming Pink Shade and pigmentation
Charming pink is a very warm toned coral pink color. Its almost comes in between a nude/MLBB and proper coral pink. Its basically a soft pink colour which brightens up the entire look. I posted a selfie wearing this lip color on instagram and captioned it “blush lips” because that’s how it looks on the lips. Another thing is, it looks like a super deep mauvy pink in the pot however when applied, the colour is almost 80% different.
Speaking of the pigmentation, I have to say I was disappointed at first. I mean it very much falls into the category of a sheer lip colour. It does cover mild pigmentation of the lips but if someone has a heavily pigmented lips, this would require heavy application. Now the problem is, this lip color bleeds like crazy if swatched more than a couple of times. So I guess its better to take it as a sheer glossy lip color.
I particularly like this shade because its a beautiful bright pink shade which is amazing to wear whether I am going to work, market, college or anywhere. Its a shade that basically compliments your smile more than anything so yes I guess this is the reason I love this shade so much. I remember I used to use it almost everyday in college, and while leaving the place, I got a second pot!
I would say the staying power is anywhere between 2 to 3 hours without eating or drinking anything. It needs reapplication as it starts to loose its glossiness over time. When I remove it, it leaves a deep pink stain behind. However the pink stain is quite pretty and I do not mind it at all.
PROs of Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor 008 Charming Pink
1. I like the packaging, basically they made it super travel friendly.
2. Love the coral-blush pink shade.
3. The shade will suit almost all skin tones.
4. Very hydrating formula.
5. For my ladies who like glossy finish, this is great.
6. Leaves an even stain on the lips which I like.
7. Can hide slight dry patches on the lips.
CONs of Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor 008 Charming Pink
1. Not very pigmented.
2. Bleeds if over applied even a little.
3. The stain it leaves may be a con for some beauties.
This is an excellent everyday wear lip color for ladies who like to wear glossy lip colours which are not heavily pigmented. Moreover, if you have dry lips, this is an amazing product since it hides the mild dry patches on the lips when applied and actually helps heal the dry lips. I tried wearing it on top of another lipstick, I just applied a thin layer of this lip colour over my lipstick and it gave a lovely glossy finish. So I guess one can experiment in different ways.