Product description by Maybelline New York
Intense Fashionable Lip Color
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
• It stays for up to four to five hours.
• The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
• It does not smear or smudge.
• It does not settle in line.
• As its highly moisturized you don’t need to wear a lip balm
Price in India
Rs. 299 for 3.9 g
In Detail Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Red My Lips 202 Review
Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks come in a rather simple yet nice looking packaging. Its basically black but there is this rim of coloured rim in the middle which makes it look nice. Different shades have different coloured rims. I was super excited when I heard that maybelline is coming up with color show lipsticks! I ordered a handful of them and I have been trying them on since a couple of days now 🙂 This has a red rim since it is a red lipstick!
Formula and Texture
The formula of the lipstick is really moisturising, but it does not appear overly creamy or glossy on the lips. It glides on the lips like a dream and the texture is quite creamy and soft I would say. It does not stick which is a big plus point. It smells like candies which is why I love the most 🙂 It does not have any glitters at all. Its just a lovely creamy lipstick.
Shade Red My Lips 202
This shade is a very lovely orange red shade. It is quite similar to the shade Red Rush 211 but red rush is more red and this has more orange in it. I feel this is one of the best choice of orange-red lipstick for the ladies who do not feel very comfortable with bright orange lipsticks yet. This shade would go with so many outfits specially the bright orange red coloured ones. It immediately brightens up the face and I feel this would be a great pick for beauties with dusky skin tones as well.
Maybelline Lipstick Red My Lips 202 stayed on me for good 3 to 3.5 hours. If you are eating anything, you would definitely need a touch up. It leaves a stain behind. The stain does not come off quickly with a regular make up remover. You either need a very good quality make up remover or might have to try for a longer time if you want the stain completely gone immediately. I on the other hand like the slight reddish stain it leaves behind.
I have been totally enjoying the Maybelline color show lipsticks! The lipsticks are apt to their budget. The packaging has been kept very simple nut the plastic is not really good quality. The formula is what I love the most, besides the smell of course. 😛 Staying power I would say is Okay types for this price tag. This particular shade is a very lovely orange red shades and would be loved by ladies in India as it is such a festive colour. Will be loved by all I hope 🙂
PROs of Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Red My Lips 202
1. Smells like candies (Like I always mention it first 😛 )
2. Lovely soft and creamy formula with smooth texture
3. Easy to apply and glides on the lips smoothly
4. This shade is a lovely festive orange-red shade which will be a total hit among Indian ladies.
6. It has a click-close mechanism which makes it travel friendly
7. Pocket friendly fun lipstick will be loved by all ages
CONs of Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Red My Lips 202
1. Staying power I feel can be improved
2. Package material needs to be improved
3. These lipsticks have a creamy formula, so if kept in hot enviornment, it can melt!
Would I repurchase it?
I would love to try out other shades from the color show range of lipsticks by Maybelline
What do you guys think about this shade and the lipstick range? Have you tried them yet? Let me know in the comments below 🙂