Hey my loves! As you guys already know, the Maybelline Colossal Kajal 6 Hour formula didn’t really impress me that much. Maybelline then came up with the new 12 hour formula of the same Kohl pencil. So let get on with our Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Formula Review. We will try to look into the improvements that it has over and above its older sibling. So let’s see if the improved formula hit the right cords or not.
Claims for Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Formula
Modern woman juggles between home and work and in this process she completely forgets to look her best. But worry no more ladies, Maybelline’s Colossal Kajal has arrived right in time to give your eyes that perfect smudge free look.
- Look your best while nourishing your eyes with the goodness of vitamin E.
- A perfect jet black stroke to enhance the beauty of your eyes.
- An all easy to apply roll on pen kajal to avoid the hassle of applying it.
- Anti allergic and enriched with Vitamin E.
- Long lasting 12 hour smudge free formula to avoid the pain of reapplying it.
- Total time saver, easy to apply and easy to remove.
- Eye makeup is easy, quick and perfect.
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal is a dark black kajal made for the women on the move.
In Detail Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Formula Review and My Experience
The packaging is exactly the same as that of the 6 H formula. Its bright yellow. I was surprised by the fact that the only difference between the two products in the outer packaging. The Kohl itself retains the same bright yellow pencil packaging. Again the ingredient list is missing in this one as well.
The major and welcome difference between the two is the pigmentation. 12 Hour formula is definitely more pigmented. Though it has still not come to the 100% intense dark black category, however I guess the pigmentation this has is just enough for everyday wear. This one has a creamier formula and does not tug on the lids as much. It does not cause any stinging or irritation.
The staying power of this one is around 5 hours without smudging after which I can see some fading earliest around the outer corners of the eyes. The rest of it stays put for a total of approximately 8 hours which is pretty impressive. What I like most about this is the fact that it really does not bleed around or get transferred when worn on the upper lid line. Although I am a huge fan of liquid liners on my upper lid line, I do not mind wearing this sometimes.
All I have to say about this Kohl in a nutshell is that its a better formula by maybelline. Its pigmented, creamy, soft, non irritating and budget friendly product that is a must have if you are looking for a Kajal in these categories.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Formula
1. Twist up pencil packaging.
2. More pigmented formula.
3. Does not tug on the lids much while applying.
4. Non irritating.
5. Long wearing ( ~ 8 hours on my lids) formula.
6. Nearly nil transferring and smudging.
7. Budget friendly.
CONs of Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Formula
1. There is no ingredient list anywhere to be found.
2. Does not really stay upto 12 hours. But that may be because I have oily lids. Tell me if it lasted for longer on your eyes.
If you were disappointed with the pigmentation of 6 H formula, totally pick this one up. Its way better than the previous one. Its surely one of the leading budget friendly Kohls available in the India market today.