Hi my angels, I love red lipsticks and those of you who are a regular visitor to my blog already know that I have this gravity like invisible force which pulls me towards anything red and rose. So I was looking for a really bold matte and bright red lipstick when I found this. Let’s do the Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Crème Deep Red 001 Review. I have done a swatch post on All Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Crème already so make sure you check that out in case you love this lipstick and want to try out another shade.
Claims for Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Crème Deep Red 001
An ultra-silky, virtually “weightless” texture that unveils unexpected moussy finish with impeccable high pigmentation color for high coverage effect.
These innovative combinations of ingredients give the formula special gliding consistency to coat lips with deep colors that have a matte, yet intensely bright effect.
- Stays up to 8hrs
- Weightless Emollient oils for an impalpable texture
- Silicon Polymers for a mousse and Velvet Touch
- Jellifying Agents for moisturisation
- Texturing Powders for smooth application
- Paraben Free
- Fragrance Free
How to use product
- Take the applicator and glide to apply the same
- Make perfect shape of the lips with the unique applicator
Rs 675/- for 6 ml
In Detail Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Crème Deep Red 001 Review, Swatches and My Experience
Packaging is a liquid lipstick or gloss like stout tube. The outer carton serves the purpose of a silent salesman in providing all the necessary information however I was really disappointed because the ingredient list was missing. The bottom of the tube mentions the shade. The welcome addition is they have put the manufacturing and expiry dates at the bottom, so no need to save the carton box. The wand has a doe foot applicator, its neither too long nor too short, just enough to apply the product properly.
Deep Red 001 is a very flat out orange-red shade without any sort of shimmers etc. It’s one of those shades which would compliment almost all skin tones. Because this is so bright and bold, I can say its a statement red shade. This would be a total hit as a bridal red shade provided it goes with the bridal dress.
The texture of the lip creme goes well with the name. It is very soft, velvety, creamy and just the right consistency almost like a mousse like they describe it. It’s quite highly pigmented. Gives complete opaque cover in a single swipe. What I am really loving is its moisturising formula. It gives a super matte look on the lips and at the same time moisturises the lips, ain’t that amazing? ? Also, it is more or less fragrance free.
Coming to the main controversy about this lipstick. I heard many claimed that this is not matte at all. Well I do not completely disagree with them. When I apply this lipstick it looks very creamy like you see on my hand swatch, it takes around 45 to 60 minutes to set into a matte finish. Also, do not expect a powdery matte finish with this one as it only sets to a semi matte finish. It looks matte on the lips but pretty moisturising. This is completely justified as they have named their lipstick as a Deep Matte Lip “Creme”.
It stays on my lips for a good 6 to 7 hours. It does not transfer after it sets and feels pretty light on the lips as well. Following the tradition of colorbar, this too leaves a stain behind, specially the darker shades after removing from the lips.
Overall I would say colorbar has done a great job with the formulation of this lip creme. Love the soft, moisturising, pigmented formula which gives a matte finish on the lips. With long staying power and zero transfer, this is going to be a hit amongst ladies who prefer long wearing lip colours.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Crème Deep Red 001
1. Packaging is informative, see through and travel friendly.
2. Gorgeous Flat orange red shade which is very bold, bright and makes a statement. Very suitable as a bridal red shade.
3. Pigmentation is intense, will cover all lip pigmentation.
4. Staying power is decent.
5. Settles into a matte finish at the same time its moisturising.
6. Does not accentuate fine lines, in fact makes them less apparent.
CONs of Colorbar Deep Matte Lip Crème Deep Red 001
1, Takes around an hour to settle to a matte finish, before that it looks pretty much like a glossy lipstick.
2. Transfers a little on objects. (Does not transfer after setting i.e. 1 hour)
3. No ingredient list.
1. I recommend using a lip liner before putting this on because sometimes intensely pigmented liquid lipsticks like these can feather out on the margins of the lips and moreover, you always want to be careful while applying a deep shade such as this. A lip liner makes sure that we stay within margins.
2. For beauties with dry lips, I advice wearing a light moisturising lip balm.
4/5 (Would have given it a 5 if it settled in the matte finish sooner and there was ingredient list mentioned on the packaging).