Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches: Hey guys, so Makeup Revolution is making some buzz in the international market these days and I thought of trying out more of their products. So far I have used a few of their makeup products and they are pretty much satisfying as a drugstore brand. One thing you should know about Makeup Revolution is the fact that they have tons of palettes.
You definitely will find what you’re looking for if you dig deep into this brand. We often talk about shimmers and metallics when it comes to eyeshadows. However, none of us can deny that Mattes are very essential component of anyone’s eyeshadow collection. Hence, I decided to take a plunge into this palette. Let’s see below how this worked out for me.
About Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Revolution’s Essential Mattes Redemption Eye Shadow Palette delivers 12 super-pigmented mattes, that are essential for your collection. Consists of subtle, shimmerless neutrals that are anything but boring. Soft mauves, buttercreams, and dove greys are all you need to be sophisticated and classic.
- Ultra high payoff
- Collectable with other Redemption Eye Shadow Palettes
- Pure sellout
How to Use Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
Apply shadows to eyelid and crease, blending and shading for an ultra professional look.
Ingredients in Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methlyparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: (+/-) TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 15850, CI 16035, CI 77288
Price of Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
$ 7.00 for 0.375 oz in USA
£ 4.00 for 14 g in UK and Scotland
€ 6.90 for 14 g in Europe
CHF 14.00 for 14 g in Switzerland
Kr 49.00 for 14 g in Sweden
$ 12.00 for 14 g in Australia
S$ 13.90 for 14 g in Singapore
RM 32.00 for 14 g in Malaysia
₹ 1050.00 for 14 g in India
In Detail Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of MUR palettes is very basic. Longitudinally arranged pans, a sponge tip applicator with a see through top cover. The back of the palette has the basic information about the product. I am not in love with the packaging to be honest. However, I do feel that at this cost, this is pretty much what can be expected. Also, the material of the plastic is not quite sturdy. Therefore be careful and do not drop it because it may break very easily.
There are 12 matte eyeshadow pans in the palette. The shades range from light highlighting shades, crease shades to some deep ones. For an everyday basic eye makeup, I feel this palette is pretty much worth it. Although the colours might look amazing in the pan, I am not really impressed with each one. Some work amazingly however the other kind of fail to impress me. Let’s talk about each one briefly below. Please note that all the shades are mattes.
1. A pale beige. Not very pigmented, kind of chalky.
2. A yellow beige. Again, low on pigmentation with chalky application.
3. A pink based beige. Chalky and low pigmentation.
4. Neutral highlighting beige. Yes this is again chalky and poor in pigmentation.
5. A neutral brown, works well for crease. This has better pigmentation that the above 4.
6. A warm chocolate brown with intense pigmentation and buttery application. My favourite shade in the palette in terms of formula.
7. A light n*de shade which again has disappointing pigmentation.
8. Deep dark brown with very decent pigmentation and smooth application.
9. A slate gray shade which is quite unique in this palette. This one applies smoothly and has very nice pigmentation.
10. A charcoal black shade with decent pigmentation as well as application. This shade is slightly difficult to blend.
11. A cool toned plum with brown undertones and decent pigmentation, but chalky in application.
12. Cool toned medium mauve. This one has okay pigmentation with decent application.
I feel the formula of the shadows across the palette is extremely inconsistent. While a few of them have decent pigmentation, others have hardly any colour pay off. Also, only a few of them are smooth in application. So while I do like the variety of shades in this palette, the utter ignorance of quality of the shadows is disappointing. I find myself reaching for the deeper shades more than I the lighter ones. Because the lighter shades in the palette are probably the ones which lack in terms of quality. None of the shadows blend amazingly. Some blend better than others but you definitely need to put in some effort in all.
Also, needless to say, the pigmentation can be improved with the use of a good primer. However please note that in the swatches below, I have not used any primer. This palette is okay for beginners however personally, this is probably my least used palette.
This palette looks like it can be a potential dupe for Urban Decay N*ked Basics. However definitely does not meet the standards when it comes to quality and consistency. Therefore, if you may give this a try if you’re really tight on budget. However, personally I do not recommend this because ultimately I almost end up never reaching for this palette.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
1. Light weight packaging with 12 matte eyeshadows.
2. Shadows are perfectly matte, no shimmer or shine whatsoever.
3. 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 11th shades are quite nice in terms of formula.
4. Inexpensive palette.
5. Very similar to Urban Decay’s N*ked Basics palette.
6. Easily available.
7. May be good for beginners who do not wish to invest a lot in expensive palette.
CONs of Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
1. Inconsistent formulas of the shadows.
2. A lot of shades are poor in terms of pigmentation as well as blending.
3. Packaging is fragile.
4. Lasting power is only 2-3 hours, after that it does start moving around. (without primer)
5. I am not a big fan of the sponge tip applicator provided with the palette.
1. If you’re planning on using this palette, make sure to use a good quality eyeshadow primer.
2. Always spend time blending eyeshadows because that itself makes a huge difference in your overall eye makeup.
3. Use these eyeshadows with a good primer and then after the makeup, use a good makeup fixing spray to make these longer lasting.
4. If you have oily lids, do not forget set your eye base before applying eye shadows.