Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches: Hey guys, so let us talk about another palette from drugstore favourite brand Makeup Revolution. This brand is based in the UK, but their products are available in almost all the countries including USA, Australia, Singapore as well as India. Of course, in the UK, their products would cost slightly lower than what they would in other parts of the world.
This palette was widely seen as a possible dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked3 Palette. If you do compare the 2 palettes, you will notice that the colour scheme and shades are almost identical. That is why I got extra curious and purchased this palette. Let us go through the review in detail below and find out if this palette truly can perform as well as it can mimic.
About Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Revolution’s Iconic 3 Redemption Eye Shadow Palette is a perfect mix of pearl, shimmer as well as matte shades. Packed with rose gold metallics and creamy neutrals to leave you wondering how you ever lived without it.
- Ultra high payoff
- Collectable with other Redemption Eye Shadow Palettes
- Pure sellout
How to Use Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
Apply shadows to eyelid and crease, blending and shading for an ultra professional look.
Ingredients in Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Mineral Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035). (The ingredients listed on the palette are more than the ones listed on the website)
Price of Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
$ 7.00 for 0.375 oz in USA
£ 4.00 for 14 g in UK and Scotland
€ 6.90 for 14 g in Europe
CHF 14.00 for 14 g in Switzerland
Kr 49.00 for 14 g in Sweden
$ 12.00 for 14 g in Australia
S$ 13.90 for 14 g in Singapore
RM 32.00 for 14 g in Malaysia
₹ 1050.00 for 14 g in India
In Detail Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches and My Experience
The MUR redemption palettes come in a very basic packaging. There are 12 eyeshadow pans longitudinally aligned in the palette. There a dual ended sponge tip applicator provided. The palette has a see through top. Overall the packaging is very basic and kind of flimsy. I mean the material of plastic used to make the palette is not really great. Therefore, if you drop the palette, its very likely that you might end up breaking it.
The scheme of the palette is warm with shades in rose gold theme. There are 3 mattes while the rest 9 are shimmers and metallics. The 1st matte shade is meant for setting the base while the other 2 are for crease and transition I guess. If you are someone who loves rose gold makeup, you’re going to love this palette. However do note that not all the shades in the palette are equally impressive. Let’s talk about each shade individually below. We will also try to compare it with the Urban Decay’s Naked3 eyeshadow palette.
Individual Shades Description of MUR Iconic 3 Palette
1. This is a neutral matte shade. This is probably meant to set the base. Quite disappointing in terms of pigment as well as colour pay off. It also feels chalky to touch.
2. A bright shimmery baby pink. This shade is actually loaded and therefore, would look perfect if you’re doing a popping pinky eye makeup. The only problem with this shade is, it has significant fall out during application as well as in the pan.
3. A muted metallic rose gold shade. This has decent pigmentation with acceptable colour pay off. However, this does crease and is slightly difficult to blend.
4. A rosy mauve shade which is matte. Again, decent colour pay off. However this is super difficult to blend.
5. A shimmery warm rose gold shade with some silver glitters. This one has better pigmentation. But has excessive fall out.
6. This is a metallic copper with brown tones. This has a lovely frost finish actually. The shade is lovely in terms of pigmentation as well as colour pay off.
7. A medium matte brown shade with a slight hint of plum to it. This has okayish colour pay off. Not the best when it comes to blending though.
8. This shade is a medium mauve with a metallic finish. Decent colour pay off with minimal fall out. This is beautiful even when worn alone.
9. This one is a medium to deep brown in a pearly finish. Great colour pay off with minimal fall outs. This one is again a hit in this palette.
10. This is a very reflective metallic taupe as well as some shimmers in it. This has some fall outs. However the shade looks amazing on different types of looks. Colour pay off is really nice and this one actually blends pretty well.
11. A slate grey shade with subtle metallic-ness to it. This also has slight bit of silver shimmers. Decently pigmented. However this shade smudges a lot on the eyes.
12. This is a very deep matte burgundy black with rose gold shimmers. The weird thing about this shadow is, the matte black bases smudges easily however the rose gold shimmers do not move around as much. Very pigmented, this shade needs some effort while blending.
Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Vs Urban Decay Naked3 – Possible Dupe?
I think MUR palette has almost all shades identical to Naked3 but the 11th shade. The 11th shade was supposed to be similar to “Darkside” from UD N3, but its completely different. Another thing I have to say is, there is a lot of inconsistency in terms of formula, pigmentation as well as performance in MUR palette. However my UD N3 palette has almost all hits with only a few misses.
Agreed that MUR palette costs super less as compared to UD, still I wouldn’t call it a dupe. Because a dupe is supposed to be an inexpensive version of acceptable quality. However MUR palette doesn’t quite meet the high standards set by UD’s palettes. If MUR does improve their formula and is more consistent with details in their palettes, they have a huge potential of becoming one of the best selling drugstore brands anywhere in the world.
More Photos & Swatches of Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette
PROs of Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
1. Lightweight palette with 12 eyeshadows.
2. Some great shades in the palette to create a lovely rose gold eye makeup look.
3. Very similar to Urban Decay’s Naked3 palette, however I wouldn’t call this a dupe.
5. Good for beginners who do not wish to invest a lot of money for practise sessions.
CONs of Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette
1. Inconsistency in formulas of shadows across the palette.
2. Almost all shades need quite some amount of effort in order to blend.
3. A lot of shades smudge.
4. Lasting power is around 3 hours only.
5. Lots of fall outs from some shades.
1. Always make sure to use an eye primer and set your eye makeup base before using this palette.
2. Although you can use the sponge tip applicator for packing the pigment on the eyes, use another brush to blend.
3. Use a good makeup setting spray to make your shadows last longer.
4. If you’re a beginner in makeup, try to get these inexpensive palettes and practise around before investing tons of money in high end makeup.