Claims for Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour 58 Rouge Vie
- Elevating matte to a new elegance, this next-generation, non-drying matte lipstick glides on lips with intensely rich, long-wearing colour and a sumptuously soft, velvet matte finish.
- A lipstick as soft and comfortable as velvet. An alternative to shine that dresses lips in deep colours. A real second-skin effect.
- Result: a matte yet luminous finish from the very first stroke.
- The paradox of a matte yet luminous and ultra-comfortable texture:
- Ultra-thin, pure and highly concentrated pigments for intense colours.
- A combination of soft-focus microspheres and ultra-thin pearlescent particles for a matte yet luminous finish.
- Silicone microbeads and a jojoba oil derivative for smoothed lips.
How to Use
For perfectly defined lips, wear ROUGE ALLURE VELVET with a line of LE CRAYON LÈVRES in the same shade. Then, apply the lipstick with the brush of the pencil.
Price Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lipstick
$ 37.00 for 0.12 oz in the USA
₹ 2800.00 for 3.5 g in India
£ 26.00 for 3.5 g in the UK
In Detail Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour 58 Rouge Vie Review, Swatches and My Experience
The lipstick comes in outer black cardboard packaging with all the necessary details. When you open the box you see a classy black velvety case in which there is this lipstick. In fact, I am totally drooling over the packaging. It looks so Royal and luxurious. This is one of the best packaging that I have came across. The way to open the lipstick is also different it’s not like the regular way you open the lipstick. The lipstick has a button at the bottom so you have to press the button in order to open the lipstick and then again press the same button in order to close the lipstick. Very innovative idea.
Now coming on to the shades they have about 20 shades in this range and they have added 6 more in the same range recently. So overall a nice range and good colour selection. One can definitely find there appropriate shade in this collection.
The channel rouge allure velvet luminous matte lipstick in shade 58 is a beautiful muted medium reddish plum with brown and pink undertones, slightly nudish shade I want to say. Hence, it is a very unique shade. It’s good colour to wear on an everyday basis for college, or evening time. I reach for this more often than other lip shades that I have. Although I love bright shades more but this shade completely made me fall in love with it. You can also carry this lip shade shade with a heavy smokey eye.
Although this claims to be a matte lipstick but it’s more of a creamy matte lipstick for me. It goes extremely creamy on lips and then after a while or so it settles into a completely matte finish. My lips don’t feel dry when I use this lipstick. This shade will suit wheatish, fair and medium skin tones. Beauties with deeper skin tone may not find this shade suitable as this may look a little pale on them.
The texture of the lipstick very creamy and formula is very pigmented. Therefore, it goes fully opaque coverage on the lips. Coming on the the final part of the review, the channel rouge allure velvet matte lip colour stayed fresh on my lips for good 3-4 hours. However, this shade did not leave any stain behind.
More Photos, Swatches and MBF Makeup Look
Pros of Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour
1) Classy and Royal packaging.
2) Extremely smooth in texture.
3) Nicely pigmented.
4) Beautiful everyday color.
5) Very pigmented with matte finish.
6) Extremely comfortable in lips.
7) Leaves no stain behind.
Cons of Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour
1) Availability is limited.
3) Low staying power.
1) This is a good lipstick for beauties with dry lips because its a creamy matte lipstick.
2) In order to increase the staying power of the lipstick, use a similar shade lipliner underneath the lipstick.
3) Top it up with a gloss to make the lipstick appear glossy.
4) You can also apply lipstick and then take a tissue and remove excess of lipstick, set it with a loose powder and then again reapply the lipstick. This trick works the best in increasing the wear time of any lipstick.
(although it has cons, I still recommend this lipstick.)