Hello lovely people,
I am sure all of you out there had a lovely colourful Holi. Well I was doing a lot of makeup last month and may be because of that, I noticed some zits on my face. My skin in general is acne prone however, I do not usually get breakouts unless its that time of the month. I saw this face pack hanging around in my husband’s shelf and I immediately wanted to try it on.
Neem aka Azadirachta indica is one of the most potent antibacterial medicinal plant. It has wide uses in the Ayurveda. If you want to read more about it, please refer to the wikipedia page about Neem (botanical name Azadirachta indica)
About Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Pack
Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Pack enriched with Neem, Turmeric and Multani Mitti helps reduce the secretion of excess oil, clean clog pores and prevent pimples. Neem is an excellent skin care ingredient, it helps the skin from not drying out, prevent itchiness and redness, Turmeric has natural anti-bacterial and strong anti-inflammatory properties which soothe the skin gently, Multani Mitti is a natural cooler which relaxes the skin and also lightens the skin.
Removes dirt, pollution and excess oiliness from the skin
Dries off quickly and washes out easily
Cleanses out the skin very effectively
Made with natural ingredients.
Azadirachta indica (Neem, Nimba)
Panka (Fuller’s earth, Multani Mitti)
Curcuma longa (Turmeric, Haridra)
Sodium Methyl Paraben IP, Sodium PropylParaben IP, Imidazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin
Rs 130/- for 100 gm
Rs 70/- for 50 gm
How to use Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Pack
Apply evenly over cleansed face and neck, avoiding the area around eyes. Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes. Remove with wet sponge and wash the skin with cool water. Use once or twice a week.
In Detail Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Pack Review and My Experience
Himalaya Herbals Neem face pack is meant for normal to oily skin. This product comes in a nice tube packaging with a dark green flip open cap. It locks in pretty well so I don’t see a problem in travelling with it. It has all the details written on the labels at the pack.
The face pack has a strong herbal smell to it which some people may find a bit repelling. It has a consistency which I would like to say moderate to thick with big granules. These granules aren’t as sharp. Now sometimes, when I try to squeeze the product out of the tube, there is this squish of watery liquid that comes out and honestly I find it pretty ugly.
How I Use it
I apply it on clean skin evenly in gentle motions. It does sting a little bit mostly around the eye area. I usually like to use it around 15 to 20 minutes before I take my shower because it is pretty difficult to wash off after it has dried completely. For taking it off, I wet my face with normal temperature water and gently move my fingers in circular motions on my face. Because of the granules, it has a scrubbing action on the skin. Though it does take a while, it comes off with all the dirt and gunk of the skin.
After drying my face, I use my regular moisturiser.
It cleans my skin very well taking out all the dirt, oiliness etc and it makes the skin feel so soft. The stinging sensation lingers on my skin for a while after wash however its very mild. I have to admit that this product sure is effective on the zits and breakouts. I used it for a week on alternate days and it helped get rid of my breakouts. Although I am not sure if I have noticeable pores, I know a friend who raves about it as this face pack reduces and shrinks the pores.
Pretty much this is a complete bomb dot com product for all the beauties with oilu/combination skin. Over a period of time, the skin appears clearer and free of breakouts. With such a budget friendly price tag and amazing effects, I am sure this must already be a common favourite for a lot of lovely ladies.
More Photos and Swatch
PROs of Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Pack
1. Travel friendly packaging.
2. Has some very potent natural ingredients.
3. Cleanses the skin very well.
4. Gets rid of breakouts and zits, clears the skin.
5. Reduces the oiliness of the skin.
6. Works as a scrub too.
7. Has noticeable effect on the pores.
8. Very inexpensive.
9. Widely available.
CONs of Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Pack
1. Its strong herbal smell may be a problem with some.
2. Has a tingling sensation on the skin which might be a little uncomfortable.
3. Does not contain all natural ingredients since it has parabens.
4. Can be a little difficult to wash off.
5. Sometimes the pack separates and only the greenish fluid comes out on squeezing the tube.
6. Complete ingredient list is not mentioned.
1. The face pack is a budget solution to for all the ladies with oily/combination and acne prone skin.
2. Dry skin beauties may use the product after testing, but please make sure you apply some good moisturiser afterwards.
3. It stains light coloured fabrics so I would advice you not to be in your favourite shirt while putting it on.
4. Whatever your skin type is, whenever you use a face mask, always apply a moisturiser based on your skin type.