I have been a fan of Lush Cosmetics since forever. It is disheartening that they closed down in India but my Love for their products still exists. So I recently did some “Jugaad” and got hold of a few Lush products. This was one of my favourites and guess what, it still is 🙂
About Lush NEW Shampoo Bar
Stimulating and reviving minty shampoo bar
There’s nothing exactly new about our stimulating cinnamon and clove shampoo bar, we call it that because it’s made for people who want NEW! hair! When stress or life goes to your head and your hair starts thinning, motivate those tired scalps with spice and mint oils. It’s intense, (in the best possible way), but works wonders on irritated scalps or hair that’s thinning. Rosemary and nettle herbs rejuvenate, and make your hair shiny and soft as a feather. All of this, in one beautifully spicey bar; are you ready for a NEW! shampoo?
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica Dioica, Mentha Piperita) , Glycerine , Nettle Absolute (Urtica Urens) , Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus Officinalis) , Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa) , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) , *Cinnamal , *Eugenol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Limonene , *Linalool , D&C Red 30 , Cinnamon Sticks (Cinnamomum cassia)
How to Use
Wet both hair and the shampoo bar. Glide the shampoo bar down the length of your hair about three times (right, left and back). Work into a lather and rinse thoroughly. Follow with LUSH conditioner if needed. Keep your solid shampoo in a cool, dry place between uses; we recommend using a LUSH shampoo bar tin.
$ 11.95 for 1.9 oz
In Detail Lush NEW Shampoo Bar review and My Experience
Shampoo bars were a totally new concept when LUSH came up with the idea of having a hair cleanser in a bar form. These are supposed to last longer than shampoos in bottles. Lush products are 100% vegan. This particular shampoo bar is specially meant for people who have issues with thinning hair or hair loss. This is supposed to stimulate new hair growth with regular usage.
The LUSH NEW! Shampoo bar is this pretty round bar with a cinnamon stick on one face. It smells of fresh cinnamon, the smell is not very subtle so if you are someone who does not like strong scents, you need to be careful with that.
How I Use it
I mostly tend to use sulfate free products on my hair since sulphate does dry out my hair. So I generally use this shampoo bar once, or rarely twice a week as a clarifying shampoo. I wet my hair properly then massage this on my hair. It gives this beautiful soft lather and cleanses the hair really well.
After using this shampoo I really need a good conditioner because this is one of those shampoos which does dry out the hair a little bit. But again, this at least does not cause any increased hair fall like most other sulphate shampoos in the market. After washing my hair, it feels really clean and the sweet cum spicy smell of cinnamon lingers around for quite a long time. I love how this makes my hair smell to be honest.
In a nutshell I would say, if you are looking for a good clarifying shampoo or you have troubles with hair loss, this shampoo is a definite must try. Though it contains sulphates, it does not cause any increased hair fall and over a period of time it stimulates hair growth. I am not saying this is going to cause miraculous overnight hair growth, but over a period of time this sure helps.
PROs of LUSH NEW Shampoo Bar
1. A different concept for a hair cleanser, easy to use.
2. Smells of amazing sweet and spicy cinnamon.
3. Cleanses the hair very very nicely with no traces of oil etc remaining.
4. Causes no increased hair fall.
5. Over a period of time, stimulates hair growth.
6. Adds shine to the hair.
CONs of LUSH NEW Shampoo Bar
1. The Lush New shampoo bar does dry out the hair a little bit.
2. Contains sulphates which is not really a common favourite.
3. Lush products are not available in India
1. I would suggest not using this shampoo on a daily basis since it can dry out the hair. Use it once or twice a week as a clarifying hair cleanser.
2. I strongly recommend use of a good moisturising hair conditioner after using this shampoo.
3. While applying it, do not rub it harshly on your hair. Just glide the shampoo bar along the wet hair 4-5 times and it creates amazing lather.
4. Also, as a general hair advice to prevent hair loss, never comb/brush when the hair is wet.
Would I repurchase this?
I would love to, but I really hope LUSH reopens in India.