Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso Review, Swatches: Hey guys, so I talked about my favourite shade from Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Matte lipsticks range – Red Carpet a couple of weeks back. Therefore today I am going to talk about my other favourite shade – Calypso. “Creamy Matte” lips seem to be a rising trend these days and when Bobbi Brown comes out with a new lipstick range, makeup junkies have to try it 😀 No questions asked there! Although Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is one of the very high end brands, its okay to indulge once in a while I guess. So without further ado, let’s begin with our review and explore every detail about this product. Please comment below and share your thoughts with us 🙂
About Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso
The woman who wants that classically beautiful matte look on lips that still provides conditioning moisture too. Creamy Matte Lip Color combines the long-lasting look of a modern matte lip with incredible wearability, from nudes to brights to bolds. Bobbi’s formula utilizes a unique combination of emollients to condition lips and lock in moisture. Since it’s highly pigmented, you’ll get true, crisp color. It glides on comfortably and feels light-as-air. Not to mention that it’s got staying power, too (it won’t budge for 8 hours). Inspired by the looks she was creating for Fashion Week, Bobbi set out to develop the perfect colour range, everything from nudes to brights to bolds. We’re pretty sure you’ll want more than one colour.
How to Use Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso
- Depending upon how it’s applied, this versatile formula goes from providing full coverage to creating a stained lip.
- You can swipe directly onto the lips from the tube or use the Lip Brush for more precise application (sold separately)
Ingredients in Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso
Price of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso
$ 28.00 for 0.12 oz in USA
CA$ 35.00 for 3.6 g in Canada
£ 23.00 for 3.6 g in UK and Scotland
€ 23.95 for 3.6 g in Europe, France & Germany
A$ 46.00 for 3.6 g in Australia
S$ 35.00 for 3.6 g in Singapore
AED 140 for 3.6 g in UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai)
₹ 2250.00 for 3.6 g in India
In Detail Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso Review, Swatches and My Experience
The lipstick comes is a very luxurious packaging. Its a sleek metallic finish black fibre packaging. Its not metal, but it feels equally luxurious. The outer carton box is black as well and has every detail about the product. However the sticker on my product hid some of the ingredients on my box 🙁 I purchased this from official Bobbi Brown store in New Delhi, so I don’t know how they can just put a sticker on top of the ingredient list. :/ Apart from this sticker thing, the packaging it slaying and I couldn’t ask for something better!
Texture, Formula, Pigmentation, Finish
The Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte lipstick has a very nice creamy as well as velvety soft texture. It literally glides on the lips like a dream and feels super nice. It’s a moisturising formula which means you can skip a lip balm underneath the lipstick. It never lets my lips feel dry throughout its wear time. The lipstick is very pigmented and one single swipe offers 100% opaque pigmentation. It gives a semi matte finish on the lips. Not powdery matte but rather a softly moisturising matte finish.
When you apply it, immediately it does not feel like this is going to be matte. But after like 5 minutes approximately, it sets and gives a nice semi matte finish. Because of this creamy and moisturising formula, it never makes the lips look dry or flaky even if I wear this for long durations of time.
Shade Description- Bobbi Brown Calypso Lipstick
Bobbi Brown describes the lipstick as a “Pink coral”. The description pretty much suits perfectly because this is a bright pink with strong coral vibes to it. Under dull lights, the coral doesn’t show up that well and it looks more lily pink. However in proper and good lights, the coral definitely makes a statement. The SA said that there will be slight copper sheen here, but I do not notice any copper sheen from any angle under any light whatsoever. If you have tried this shade, let me know if you noticed any such shimmer or sheen in the lipstick. Because honestly I think this is just a pure pigment creamy coral pink lipstick. Such a lovely shade for summers!
Wearability, Transferability , Stay Power
The lipstick feels very comfortable on the lips like I mentioned before. It does not budge or bleed at all. Lipstick feels light on the lips and doesn’t keep reminding you that you’re wearing some product on the lips. The lipstick isn’t completely transfer proof. Hence it does transfer on objects but the good part is, it does not lose its colour or pigment intensity unless you’re having an oily meal.
The lipstick lasts comfortably on my lips for around 5 hours after which it begins to fade. When it fades, it fades evenly so there are no specific areas of more pigment on the lips or areas of no colour. Never accentuates or enhances any dry patches or fine lines on the lips.
Overall I feel this is a lipstick with an amazing formula. If you like this shade, definitely get it. Otherwise you can totally go and check out the rest of the shades in this range. There are a total of 10 shades in the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipsticks range I believe. I already covered the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet Review, Swatches. Check it out if you haven’t already because girl, that red slays my existence!
PS. The lipstick model is Sugandha who actually deserves all the credits for introducing me to this amazing line of lipsticks by Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso
1. I am in love with the packaging. So luxurious and yet sturdy.
2. Amazing velvety texture with a creamy formula.
3. The shade is a spot on coral pink, absolutely amazing for summers.
4. Very pigmented.
5. Formula is light weight.
6. Doesn’t feather or bleed when applied properly.
7. Semi matte finish, never lets the lips feel dry.
8. Decent wear time for a creamy matte formula.
CONs of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Calypso
1. This shade may wash out deeper skin tones.
2. I would have been over the moons if the lipstick lasted longer.
3. Expensive (because its a high end brand 😛 )
1. You can skip wearing a lip balm with this because the lipstick is already creamy and moisturising. It does not dry out the lips at all.
2. Beauties with light and light to medium skin tones will love this shade as a bright coral pink summery lip colour.
3. If you want this to look more matte, you can always follow these steps: Apply this lipstick properly, take a dry tissue paper and put a single layer against your lips. Dab some loose powder over it. Your lipstick will now look super matte. If you need to adjust the lipstick further now, use a lip brush.
4. If you’re in the USA, check out Bobbi Brown’s website for amazing deals. They offer a 15% off on your first order with them. 🙂