theBalm Mary Lou Manizer Review, Swatches: Hey guys! So whenever we talk about highlighters, the very first name that pops into our heads is theBalm Mary Lou Manizer. I mean, this probably is the reigning queen on the throne of highlighters. Well trust me, it definitely deserves all the praise its been getting. Mary Lou Manizer is undoubtedly a revolutionary product in the world of highlighters. Today, I am not exaggerating when I say that this product is a standard and we as beauty bloggers very often compare other highlighters to it. Therefore, let us get into the detailed review and see if this product is worth your money.
About theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.
- Highlighter, shadow and shimmer in one.
- Sharp, long-lasting pigments.
- Talc-free and paraben-free.
How to Use theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
Illuminate your best features with theBalm’s Mary-Lou Manizer, a 3-in-1 highlighter, shimmer and eyeshadow.
- Layer it on your lids with your ring finger.
- Sweep across cheeks for a sexy sheen.
- Use it as an all-over finishing powder for subtle luminescence.
- Blend out the edges for a natural-looking finish.
Ingredients in theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
Net Weight – 8.5G = 0.3OZ
Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, Ptfe, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491).
Price of theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
$ 24.00 in USA
C$ 33.00 in Canada
A$ 29.95 in Australia
£ 20.00 in UK
₹ 1699.00 in India
RM 115.00 Malaysia
S$ 36.90 in Singapore
AED 130.00 in UAE
In Detail theBalm Mary Lou Manizer Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of theBalm products is quite funky and creative. In fact the names they choose for their products are very out of the box and catching. For some reason, a lot of their products are named like a person. For example this highlighter is called “Mary Lou” Manizer, their liquid lipsticks are called “Matt(E) Hughes”. Its unconventional yet appealing. Sort of gives a personality to their products I guess.
Mary Lou Manizer comes is a very classic pan packaging. On the outer box front, there is a rather cheeky description of the product. The pan itself is made of a decent quality plastic and is silver in colour. The pan has a basic click close mechanism which keeps is shut in case you’re travelling with it. Also, it has a mirror inside. Packaging wise, this is quite user friendly.
The texture of the highlighter is ultra soft and smooth. Its super finely milled. There are absolutely no chunks or particles at all. Because it is so fine as well as satiny, there is absolutely no fall outs whatsoever. Its highly pigmented. Just one brush swipe is enough to catch a decent amount of product on the brush. It never ever over emphasises skin texture or pores which is indeed amazing.
Shade – Mary Lou Manizer
theBalm describes it as “honey hued luminizer”. Its a gorgeous light medium champagne with warm undertones. It has this beautiful gleaming pearly sheen that makes your skin appear incredibly luminous. Again, the formula is so smooth and fine that the product lays evenly on the skin providing a beautiful sheen without any glimpse of shimmer. My skin tone is medium and this works perfectly on my skin. I have seen beauties from the lightest of skin tones to deepest flaunting this shade all the time. So needless to say, this shade is pretty universal.
Wearability, Staying Power
Mary LouManizer looks gorgeous whether you’re in front of a camera or in person. In person it makes your skin look glowy and radiant. In front of camera, this never fails to give you that luscious glow. What I love about this highlighter is, you can layer it up multiple times to enhance its glowing power, yet it never looks caky or unnatural. It blends like a dream quite literally. Throughout the wear time, it does not enhance my pores or skin texture. I wear it as my cheek highlighter, inner corner highlighter as well as brow bone highlighter. It lasts for 8+ hours without going patchy or fading.
theBalm actually has underestimated Mary Lou manizer when they described it. They say it adds a “subtle glow”. However trust me, you can go from subtle glow to a blinding disco ball with this highlighter. Whether you’re a soft glow princess or a radiant queen, you can never go wrong with this highlighter. In fact, if you’re someone who loves wearing highlighters, you need this in your life. I have worn mary loumanizer for every day looks to super glam event looks and it never fails to perform. If you’ve ever used Camelia de Chanel from Chanel, you will be surprised to know that Mary Lou Manizer is almost completely similar to it.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
1. I love the fun, creative as well as user friendly packaging.
2. Super smooth and satiny formula that blends amazingly.
3. Very pigmented, you can go light for subtleness or layer it up for Goddess glow.
4. This amazing warm toned champagne is pretty much perfect for every skin tone.
5. Use it as a cheek highlight, brow bone highlight, inner corner highlight or even as eyeshadow. It performs very well.
6. This looks lovely in person as well as in front of camera.
7. Stays put without fading on me for 8+ hours (I have combination skin).
8. As a highlight lover, to all my highlight lovers in the world I want to say – You need to check this out otherwise your collection is never complete.
9. I am happy that theBalm products are cruelty free. 🙂
CONs of theBalm Mary Lou Manizer
1. Price wise, its a tad bit on the higher side. However this one pan is going to last you forever even if you use it daily. So not really a con if you wear highlights very often.
1. For a subtle glow – Lightly swipe a fan brush on the product and apply on the skin.
2. For a blinding glow – Swipe a highlighter brush like Anastasia A23 or Morphe M510 and carefully blend on the skin. Layer it up for added glow.
3. Budget Advise – theBalm often has this on sale during sale season, so keep an eye and you might be able to get it for a much lesser price.