YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel Review, Swatches: Hey guys, I spoke about this brand a while earlier on MBF when I reviewed their Gold Glitter Wax strips. I loved those to be honest. Besides the wax strips, I had picked quite a few products from YLG. Gradually I have been using them. Today, I am here to share my views on their Aloe Vera Gel. I use aloe vera gel quite a lot and so far I’ve tried numerous brands. Hence, let’s see if this one from YLG stands up to the mark or not. Please keep on reading below for a full detailed review.
Claims for YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe Vera Gel with Lavendar Oil & Vitamin E.
- Free from Parabens & mineral oil. No artificial colors or fragrance.
- It is Rich in vitamins, amino acids & lipids.
- The Gel reduces sebum on oily skin, soothes sensitive skin & moisturizes dry skin.
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, healing & cooling properties.
- It forms a protective layer on the skin that retains moisture & improves Hydration.
- The stable colour of pure Aloe Vera Gel without artificial colour is brown.
How to Use YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel
- Apply the Gel directly to the skin & gently massage it for a soothing, calming & relaxing effect.
- Can also be used after waxing or shaving to soothe the skin.
Ingredients in YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel
Each 100 g contains
- Aloe Barbadensis Miller (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice: 97% w/v
- Gel Base Material QS
- Vitamin E
- Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Oil
- Preservatives QS
Please Note- QS means sufficient quantity. So basically it has aloe vera leaf juice 97%, Vitamin E, Lavender Oil and some other unnamed ingredients which are kept hidden.
Price of YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel
₹ 139.00 for 200 mL in India.
In Detail YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel Review, Swatches and My Experience
I love trying out new brands. Whenever I see something new, my curiosity gets the better out of me and I end up buying the product. This purchase is a pretty clear proof of my impulsiveness for new brands and products. YLG aloe vera gel comes in a white opaque tube with a flip open top. Although all the details about the product is mentioned on the packaging, I was disheartened when I saw the ingredients list. They actually haven’t given the ingredients list in full. They mention it contains 97% aloe vera gel. After that, they say it contains “Base Material q s” and “Preservatives q s”. I mean seriously?
When I read the claims YLG makes, I am kind of under the impression that it is going to be a natural product. But my mind automatically considers something fishy going on whenever a brand hides the actual ingredients and mentions “base materials, preservatives” etc. I mean, the very purpose of giving an ingredients list is to enlist all the ingredients separately. But when a company really wants to hide the exact ingredients, they start using words like base material, preservatives qs. Sorry YLG but you know what, consumers like us today wish to know exactly what we are putting on our skin.
The texture of the product is like a creamy gel. Its not exactly a gel, may be whatever the base ingredients are added make the texture this weird. Now, it smells absolutely ridiculous. It honestly smells like a strong men’s soap, and not a good one. The smell is one of the reasons why I was so super reluctant in using this. Whenever I applied even a little bit of it on my hands, people around me would actually notice. Its a very strong as well as unpleasant smell for me.
I still somehow convinced myself to use it and I actually have been testing it out for the last 7 days. I started using this last sunday and today, I think I am as ready as I ever would be to talk about this product.
First, as soon as I apply this, it gives me a cooling sensation which lasts for about 5 minutes even after the product absorbs into my skin. Secondly, the skin feel a tiny bit sticky for about 7 minutes after I apply this. Lastly, the smell lasts for like 1-2 hours which I completely detest. Also, it doesn’t feel like its hydrating my skin at all. Because after 10 minutes, my skin looks and feels as if I never moisturised it in any way.
The super weird thing is, once I applied it on my jaw line as a patch test, and it burned a little. After that, I just used it on my hands and never near my facial skin. Because they haven’t given the complete ingredients list, I can’t even put a finger on an ingredient to which I might be allergic. Hence, if you are going to use this, please do a patch test before using it anywhere on your skin.
I only used this on my skin, and it gave me zero positive results. Honestly, I dared not use it on my hair because I definitely don’t want my hair to smell like this gel. So for my skin, I did not like it at all. I did not like the way this smells or the fact that it irritates my facial skin. However, please remember that its not necessary that if a product doesn’t work for me, it won’t work for you as well. So please make your own informed choices. I just expressed my experience with this product which was quite honestly disastrous.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel
2. User friendly tube packaging.
3. Contains Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Lavender Oil*
CONs of YLG Salon Pro Aloe Vera Gel
1. *Besides those, it also contains a lot of unnamed ingredients hidden behind “base materials” and “preservatives q s”
2. I do not like the way this smells.
3. Does not moisturise my skin at all.
4. Leaves a sticky feeling for a while.
5. Irritates my facial skin.
1. If you’re planning on using this, definitely do a patch test because the ingredients list isn’t complete. Hence, you don’t really know what all you’re putting on your skin.
2. Naturally extracted aloe vera from its plant, does wonders for skin. If you get a chance, totally plant an aloe vera plant at your home. It grows in plant pots too.