Hi everyone! Let us talk about a product today which though is meant for men, I find it works great for women as well.
Himalaya Power Glow Face wash is meant for men. However I did go through the ingredient list and all ingredient it had were very much common to the ingredients of a normal face wash meant for women. So I decided to buy it. I have been using it and I feel this is pretty much a deep cleansing unisex face wash.
Claims for Himalaya Herbals Power Glow Licorice Face Wash
Himalaya’s Power Glow Licorice Face Wash is a soap-free, herbal formulation that gently cleanses the face. It is a fine blend of Licorice, Alfalfa and Wood Apple which helps enhance the complexion and bring about a natural glow.
It is powered with Active Boost Technology that increases the penetration of actives and helps in rapid action of the herbs.
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)contains glycyrrhetic acid and flavonoids which have soothing and antioxidant properties. Applied topically, Licorice helps relieve itching and swelling, improves skin tone and whitens skin.
Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) is natural source of vitamins that help maintain skin health. The herb possesses antioxidant benefits and is a skin conditioning agent.
Wood Apple (Limonia acidissima) shell powder gently exfoliates dead skin cells, resulting in a mild, nonchemical, mechanical abrasion.
How to use
Apply Power Glow Licorice Face Wash on a moist face and massage. Gently work up a lather using a circular motion. Wash off and pat dry. Use twice daily.
Rs 130/- for 100 ml tube
In Detail Himalaya Herbals Power Glow Licorice Face Wash Review and My Experience
This face wash comes in a blue coloured stout opaque tube with a white coloured flip open top. The lock on the top is sturdy so pretty safe to travel with. I love the fact that Himalaya has mentioned the complete ingredient list on this product.
The face wash smells a bit fruity although I cannot put my finger on any particular fruit. Its a little sweet with a slight zesty scent. I actually find the smell refreshing. When we look at it, its a bright yellow coloured product with a semi-gel like consistency. It has some red coloured particles suspended in it which are solid and are meant to give this face wash its scrubbing property.
How I Use it
This face wash is for the use of all skin types however I would say, it would be best for oily and combination skin types like mine. I use it everytime I come back home. I take almost a little more than a dime sized amount and apply it all over my face and neck. It lathers up into a soft foam and the tiny red scrub particles give a thorough cleansing experience to my skin.
My skin feels squeaky clean after I have used this. It takes out all dirt and impurities and cleanses the skin amazingly well. After using this face wash when I apply a toner, I notice no impurities on my cotton pad. Isn’t that amazing? I have also noticed that my skin stays oil free for a longer time post using this. For an oily-combination skin girl like me, its a huge plus point.
I always follow this up with toning and moisturising my skin. A good moisturiser is very important after using this face wash since this does make the skin feel a bit dry. Also, I would not recommend using this face wash as your default or daily face wash because of its drying properties. If you do not need heavy duty cleansing, go for a milder face wash.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Himalaya Herbals Power Glow Licorice Face Wash
1. Sturdy and stout, travel friendly packaging.
2. I like the refreshing smell.
3. Deeply cleanses the skin with lather and scrubbing particles.
4. Great option for a heavy duty cleanser.
5. Contains some natural ingredients, I guess.
6. Easily available and moderately priced.
7. My dad and brother used it, they seemed to really liked it as well.
CONs of Himalaya Herbals Power Glow Licorice Face Wash
1. They claim that this face wash is going to whiten the skin via Licorice, I find this completely ridiculous since no face wash can decrease the melanin content of the skin. Skin whitening is a totally absurd claim and I find this claim offensive in so many ways especially in a country where we have such beautiful ladies with golden glowy skin.
2. It may not be very suitable for dry skin beauties.
1. Always use a heavy duty cleanser after coming back from an environment of lot of dirt and pollution.
2. Always moisturise the skin well irrespective of the type of skin. Use a moisturiser suitable to your skin type.
3. Do not believe in skin whitening claims, be proud of your skin tone. You are beautiful, trust me 🙂