Hi my angels, today we are doing a quick Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Review. It’s been pending forever and finally I decided to do it today. Maybelline actually had the 6 hour formula earlier for this Kajal, and now the same kajal comes in a 12 hour formula. This is the older i.e. 6 Hour formula I am writing about.
Claims for Maybelline The Colossal Kajal
Modern woman juggles between home and work and in this process she completely forgets to look her best. But worry no more ladies, Maybelline’s Colossal Kajal has arrived right in time to give your eyes that perfect smudge free look. Look your best while nourishing your eyes with the goodness of vitamin E.
- A perfect jet black stroke to enhance the beauty of your eyes.
- An all easy to apply roll on pen kajal to avoid the hassle of applying it.
- Anti allergic and enriched with Vitamin E.
- Total time saver, easy to apply and easy to remove.
- Eye makeup is easy, quick and perfect.
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal is a dark black kajal made for the women on the move.
Rs 150 for 0.35 g
In Detail Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Review and My Experience
The Maybelline Colossal kajal comes in a bright yellow packaging. Bright yellow apparently appears to be the theme of the whole “Colossal” range I guess. Its a nice retractable packaging and I am sure everyone is super comfortable with a twist up retractable packaging in a Kajal pencil.
The Kajal is not as deeply or intensely pigmented as I’d have wanted. It does need a little building up before we get our required intensity of black. I almost never apply a kajal on my upper lash line, I prefer using a liquid eyeliner there. However I tried applying this on my upper lash line but it was tugging and not going smoothly, so I gave up and went with a liquid liner. So I applied the kajal on my lower line/waterline. Sometimes I like to go easy and use a kajal just on the waterline, or to give a more dramatic look, I might apply it more boldly. However the problem with this is, because its not so deeply pigmented, its quite dificult to achieve a dramatic bold kajal eye look.
The staying power of this kajal was around 4 hours on my eyes. However it started smudging and creasing after a couple of hours itself on my waterline. If you rub your eyes, this smudges badly.
Overall I have to say I am not impressed with the Maybelline colossal 6 Hour kajal. I will be reviewing the 12 hour formula soon and let you guys know my thoughts on it. I’d love to know about your favourite kajal.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Review
1. Twist up retractable packaging, travel safe.
2. Great for teens or for those who are just getting into makeup.
3. Great if you want to have a light makeup on for a little while only.
4. No irritation.
5. Pocket friendly.
CONs of Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Review
1. No ingredient list mentioned.
2. Not very intensely pigmented as I like my kajals to be.
3. Tugs while applying, specially on the upper lash line.
4. Not so creamy or smooth going formula.
5. Short stay time.
If you like dark black kajals, i wouldn’t advice this one. The 12 Hour one seems better than this. One important advice I’d give all of you is, if any eyeliner is tugging on your upper lash line, do not struggle to apply it. Quit that and pick up a liquid eyeliner which give a more defined and even look while being super easy to apply.