The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub Review: Hi everyone. I am writing a review after a very long time. TBS came up with this exciting new range of products inspired by the Japanese green tea.
Fuji is actually a great mountain in Japan. Why I was so excited to get this product was because green tea has nice antioxidant properties and in today’s world we need antioxidants in our life.
Claims for The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub
Perfect for cleansing and exfoliating, the crisp and refreshing scent of Fuji Green Tea™ Body Scrub helps to lift away dead skin cells, detox the body, and prepare skin for moisture. Discover more about the Green Tea Ceremony →
- Lifts away dead skin cells
- Infused with replenishing green tea from Japan
- For healthy looking skin
- Enriched with Community Fair Trade Honey from Ethiopia
Rs 1295/- for 250 ml tub.
Aqua/Water (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Surfactant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance Ingredient), Cellulose Acetate (Film Former), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifying Agent), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (Humectant), Mel/Honey (Humectant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Jojoba Esters (Emollient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Benzophenone-3 (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (Emulsifying Agent), Trideceth-6 (Surfactant), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens (Colorant), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colorant).
How to Use
Apply to damp skin in a circular motion, then rinse thoroughly for refreshingly smooth skin. For best results, use two to three times a week.
In Detail The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub Review and My Experience
I was so tempted to buy the entire range but settled only for the body scrub because it was so costly. I hope TBS puts these on sale in the next sale season *fingers crossed* 😛 The transparent tub packaging is well justified because the product itself looks so pretty. Such a pretty light green coloured product with suspended green and white beads. The green beads are larger than the tiny white ones.
Immediately on opening the cap, all I feel is freshness. It smells very fresh with herbal green tea. I know some people may not be a fan of green tea smell but personally I really like it. The smell does not really linger along after bathing. It has a Gel like consistency in which the exfoliating beads are suspended. A gel like base with tiny exfoliating particles. The exfoliating beads do not melt like sugar scrubs.
I apply it all over my body and gently rub on my skin. This is a very mild exfoliator so great for daily use. Because of high density of exfoliating beads in the gel, a little goes a long way. This does not really lather much, but still cleanses the skin well. After washing it out, my skin actually feels nice. It does not dry out the skin at all. Not moisturising per se but it is not drying either.
Overall this is a very gentle gel based exfoliator with a fresh green tea fragrance and is non drying on the skin. If you are looking for a heavy duty scrub, this probably won’t be your best choice. This is perfect for ladies who want to give their skin light everyday exfoliation.
Pros of The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub
1. The transparent packaging showing off the pretty product is great.
2. I like green tea fragrance (personal preference).
3. Gel like consistency so easy to apply.
4. Exfoliating beads are not harsh.
5. Works really awesome as a light everyday exfoliator.
6. Does not dry out the skin.
7. Leaves the skin smooth and cleansed.
Cons of The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub
1. Not going to solve the purpose of heavy exfoliation.
3. The ingredient list has a light green colourant. I wonder if it really has sufficient quantities of natural green tea.
1. Always moisturise the skin after using any exfoliating product.
2. Use of body exfoliators is never advised on or around the facial skin as it is very sensitive.
3. If you do not like the smell of a body product but like how it works on the skin, try adding a few drops of your favourite essential oil to it. 🙂
Will I repurchase this?
I really like this as a refreshing mild skin exfoliator so I may repurchase it, although not very sure.