Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters Review, Swatches: Hi readers, my name is Rohosen and I am a makeup lover. In today’s post I am coming to you with a review of Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighters.
Fenty Beauty is the new makeup brand launched by Rihanna on the 8th of last month. She came out with a lot of different face products among which there are powder highlighters called “Killawatt”. There are a total of six different Killawatts of which four have dual highlighters in them and rest two are single highlighters.
I have two such dual Killawatt freestyle highlighters so far:
Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Mean Money/ Hu$tla Baby
Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal
About Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters
Give it to me quick:
Weightless as well as longwear cream-powder hybrid highlighters. These range from subtle day glow to insane supercharge in solos and expertly paired duos.
Tell me more:
Light up where you want, when you want. Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter was born to reflect your every mood with its lineup of luminizing solos and duos. With a dose of skin-glorifying color, Killawatt ranges from subtle dayglow to insanely supercharge with shades that are for all skin tones. Unlike your everyday highlighter, Killawatt keeps skin lit beyond sundown with its weightless longwear formula — a cream-powder hybrid that instantly melts into skin and blends with almost zero effort. Another win: It’s loaded with superfine shimmer for an ultra-smooth, creamy texture.
How To Use Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters
- For killer radiance, Killawatt’s your go-to for highlighting your face, eyes, lips, collarbone … literally anywhere you crave a touch of light.
- Use a highlighter brush (There is a highlighter brush in the Fenty Beauty collection) to sweep Killawatt on cheekbones, on your nose, chin and cupid bow, also at the inner corner of your eyes and on your brow bones.
Price of Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters
$ 34.00 in USA.
Currently Fenty Beauty is only available at Rihanna’s official Fenty Beauty website and Sephora. They do have international shipping options available. So beauties from UK, Canada, India, Australia, Singapore etc can get it. However please be aware that international shipments may attract additional duties and taxes.
In Detail Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters Review, Swatches and My Experience
All the outer boxes of the Fenty Beauty product has this black and white packaging, which in my opinion very artistic and uncommon as a makeup product packaging. Open the outer box and you get this octagon shape white product with “Fenty Beauty” neat writing on it. Again octagon is not at all a common shape for makeup products. Although the packaging looks white, if you pay a closer look you will get mesmerized to see these beautiful purple sparkles on it. The material of the packaging also makes it very easy to clean, even just with your finger, so you don’t need to be afraid of making your product dirty. Once you open it up, there is a very good quality mirror and the two highlighters.
The two highlighters in the dual Killawatt are very well coordinated, they are different in textures and similar in colors and one is actually a toned-down version of the other. The left highlighters have a very smooth texture and they are more like daytime subtle highlighters which melt in your skin and gives a sheen from inside. The right ones are much brighter highlights with tiny glitters in them. However, they are still very buttery and BEAUTIFUL and not chunky at all. So, I believe the concept is, you wear the left one during the day and go to work and in the evening you top it with the right one and go out for party! A perfect modern day women’s highlighter!
I have included the swatches of all four of the highlighters. (In the swatches section below)
Mean Money is a soft champagne sheen highlighter and Hu$tla Baby is a supercharged peachy champagne shimmer. In my opinion, this will perfectly suit most Indian skin tones.
Lightning Dust is a soft pearlescent sheen. Fire Crystal is a supercharged pearlescent shimmer. In my opinion this is more for light/fair to medium skin tone girls.
Fenty Beauty has two more such dual Killawatts that are more suitable for medium to dark skintones. If not anything else, Fenty Beauty is already iconic for its inclusiveness of all skin colors, from the lightest to the richest.
Longevity of the highlighters are amazing, especially the shimmer one can stay on your cheeks for 5-6 hours without any touchup.
Overall, I like the colors Mean Money/ Ha$tla Baby better just because they go perfectly with my skin tone and I almost wear them!
More Photos, Swatches of Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters
Pros of Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters
1. Two highlighters that are different in intensity – one perfect for daytime and other for nighttime
2. Both of their textures are beautiful
3. There is something for everyone no matter what is your skin color is.
4. Beautiful, unique packaging with a mirror
Cons of Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters
1. If you are an intense highlighter lover like me, you may not use the left subtle one that much (although every time I keep using it as a base for the more intense one).
2. Hefty price tag (although two highlighters for the dual ones)
1. Use the subtle highlight as a base and top it up with the intense highlight. This will add the most scintillating glow to your skin.
2. Rihanna has catered to the widest majority of skin tones with her beauty line. Make sure to swatch the product before purchasing if you’re skeptical about the shade.