Hardly any one of use must have not used Maybelline Baby Lips. As far as I know, it is a common favourite because of its excellent results. They keep coming up with newer shades which is absolutely amazing since it just adds an extra interest to our favourite product line. I have been using Baby lips since the beginning of my college days and I keep coming back to it no matter what. So read on to find out what is so fantastic about it or if it also has some drawbacks. 🙂
Claims for Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Color Berry Crush
It is not just care… It is repair. Maybelline Baby Lips Cherry Kiss perfectly moisturizes your lips and gives a lovable pink color. Comes in a handy retractable stick which is easy to use and carry.
Infused with SPF20
Provides 8 hour moisturization
Care and repair
Mild fruity fragrance
Visibly renewed and fuller lips
The hydration restoring formula will protect and moisturize your lips. Over regular use Maybelline Baby Lips would your lips renewed.
Clinically proven to make lips 82% visibly less dry, 94% less rough, 77% more supple, and 77% better looking after just four weeks of use! It’s clinical care for baby soft lips.
Why You’ll Love It: No more basic lip balm
The secret: Exclusive lip renew formula.
Protects and moisturizes for a full 8 hours.
After 1 week*, lips are visibly renewed, virtually reborn
How To Use
Apply your lipcolor by starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].
In Detail Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Color Berry Crush Review and My Experience
Everyone loves baby soft lips. When maybelline came up with Baby lips a few years back, I immediately grabbed me one from the nearby mall. If I am not wrong, I guess the first shade I ever tried was Cherry Kiss which is very similar to this one.
The baby lips lip balm comes in a cute tubular packaging. The colours of the outer package correspond to the actual lip balm as much as possible. I love the tiny red cute tube here. The writings over it are in a cute bold graphitic style. Kind of symbolises Kiddish, teen years may be. What I really love about this packaging is, the mechanism is designed almost like a lipstick. I have to rotate the base of the tube and the lip balm comes up and similarly on rotating in the opposite direction, it retracts back. Ain’t that cool for a lip balm!
It has a very faint fruity berries like smell to it which I really admire. It is basically not very obvious unless you bring it close to your nose, or the time when you are applying it. The consistency of this lip balm is like a soft wax. It looks really pigmented however, it gives a very sheer hue of pinkish-red on the lips.
How I Use it
I use it in a number of ways:
1. Everyday in the morning after my CTM routine.
2. This is my goto lip balm, I always have it with me. Whenever I feel my lips are dry, I put this on.
3. I use it in the night before I goto bed.
4. I almost always grab this when I need to use a lip balm underneath my lipstick. This sits under a lipstick almost perfectly moisturising the lips and giving a slight sheen.
5. Dry and Chapped lips, this is what I look for!
This lip balm miraculously rejuvenates dry lips overnight. I am not even kidding. When I have chapped lips, this may take a day or two but honestly, one of the fastest dry lips rescue. It makes the lips look very healthy naturally. I love love love how it works on my lips. I am sure a lot of you guys must have had the same experience with this one, right?
The lip balm doesn’t cause dead skin accumulation on the corners of the lips even if used a slight generous amount. It is very apt if you are looking for slight hue specially for school and college going girls, or when you don’t want to put obvious pigment on your lips. When applied under a lipstick, it really enhances the lips and makes the lipstick last longer. It stands true to its name as it makes the lips indeed baby soft.
PROs of Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Color Berry Crush
1. Cute, user friendly and travel safe packaging.
2. Sweet berry fragrance.
3. Love how this makes lips feel baby soft and supple.
4. Rescues dry and chapped lips.
5. Can be used under lipsticks, works wonderfully.
6. Stays on the lips for 4 to 5 hours (without heavy meals).
7. Has SPF in it.
8. Baby lips lip balms come in a lot of different variants of colour.
9. Easily available.
10. This one tube is going to last for months when I use them 2 to 4 times daily.
CONs of Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Color Berry Crush
1. Look at the super long list of ingredients 😮
More Photos and Swatches
1. Always, always and always moisturise your lips. Dry lips never make a good impression.
2. Apply a layer of lip balm beneath lipsticks. This makes them look more even and prevents patchiness for appearing.
3. Applying lipstick beneath matte lipsticks makes lips look fuller and healthier.
4. I prefer lip balms with some SPF for regular usage like this one. Since the skin over the lips is really delicate and needs more looking after.
Will I repurchase this?
Yes, in fact I have like 4 to 5 different colours of it in my vanity right now.