Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Mixed Berry Review, Swatches: Hey guys, so I did a review on Maybelline Candy Wow Baby Lips Cherry almost like an year back. I did like the product. So a few months back, while I was travelling, I forgot to pack my lip moisturiser. Hence, picked this one up from a store. If you know my profession, you know that its inappropriate to wear makeup at work for me. So I usually don’t wear lipsticks at work. I wear tinted lip balms. Therefore, I always reach out and grab tinted lip balms over the plain ones.
Claims for Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Mixed Berry
A Baby Lips first your favorite lip balm now comes in candy inspired color and a new retractable crayon format! Hydrate your lips with the help of vitamin E plus get a glossy candy color at the same time.
Why You’ll Love It
- Vitamin E helps hydrate and glide on smoothly.
- Sheer pop of color with a glossy shine and a yummy candy flavor.
How to Use Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow
- Apply in the centre of your upper lip to the outer edges, following the contours of your mouth.
- Then glide across the entire bottom lip. Can be worn under lip colour.
Ingredients in Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow
Not mentioned anywhere on the packaging. 🙁
Price of Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow
$ 6.50 for 0.07 oz in USA
£ 3.25 for 2 g in UK, Scotland
€ 2.99 for 2 g in Europe, France
A$ 6.95 for 2 g in Australia
S$ 9.90 for 2 g in Singapore
₹ 275.00 for 2 g in India
In Detail Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Mixed Berry Review, Swatches and My Experience
The lip balm comes in a twist up crayon form. There are actually 5 variants of Maybelline Candy Wow Baby lips available in the market. I just chose this one because I like berry tinted lips, plus I was wearing a matching jeans when I bought it 😀 Anyways, so I like everything about the packaging except one. There is no mention of the ingredients anywhere on the packaging. Not even the outer tight plastic wrap had the ingredients mentioned on it. I mean seriously? This really needs to stop and we need a law in India that every makeup product needs to have a complete detailed ingredients list mentioned on the product itself or the outer packaging at least.
Moving on, it has the same sweet fragrance as other baby lips lip balms by Maybelline with a tad bit more fruity notes I feel. The lip balm itself is in the form of a chubby crayon stick. The texture of the product is slightly more waxy than the regular baby lips. Also, slightly more pigmented as well. Also do note that the regular baby lips lip balms are less costly well as contain more amount of product as compared to this one.
I feel Candy Wow lip balms are superb for teenagers who are looking for a tinted lip moisturiser. Also, for ladies like me who cannot wear lipsticks to work for any reason. These lip balms keep the lips soft and nourished for upto 3 hours post application. However, if you do eat or drink something, the lip balm will fade off from the lips much earlier. Please note, that because of its balmy or waxy consistency, it does transfer a lot.
These lippies are best worn alone. I don’t try to wear them under a lipstick because they’re more balmy than your regular lip balms. So if I wear this under a lipstick, the lipstick won’t last much long and also would tend to slip and transfer. Healing wise, I don’t think this does much for severely dry and chapped lips. For moderate dryness of the lips this works well. However for lips that need healing from chapping, these are not going to work.
So overall I feel these lip balms are perfect for ladies who are looking for a tinted lip balm for everyday use. Because they are so easy to use, you can easily carry them along in your bag. However, the cap has no click close mechanism. Hence be very careful otherwise the cap may come off easily while its inside a bag. I normally keep my lippies in a small pouch in my bag so that they stay shut tight and do not mess with other things in my bag.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Mixed Berry
1. Eye catching, pretty as well as user friendly packaging.
2. Smells nice.
3. Hydrates lips well and keeps them supple for around 2-3 hours.
4. Makes lips feel soft and nourished.
5. Ideal for ladies who prefer to wear tinted lip balms.
CONs of Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Mixed Berry
1. No ingredients list anywhere on the packaging.
2. Cannot be worn under a lipstick.
3. Short staying power.
4. Expensive considering the fact that it contains only 2 g of product.
1. Always wear a lip balm on your lips before going to bed to wake up with baby soft lips.
2. These candy wow crayons have a waxy consistency which glides on the lips easily but doesn’t let other lip product leave its colour on the lips if used over it.
3. For severely dry and chapped lip, try using a lip scrub quickly then dab lots of lip balm over it.