Avene High Protection Lip Balm SPF 30 Review: Hi everyone, I hope you guys are enjoying this holiday season! With winters, comes the most necessary skin care product back in our handbags which is a LIP BALM. Now there are a ton of lip balms available in the market whether its drugstore or high end skin care brands. I specifically wanted to try the Avene Lip balm because it comes with a SPF 30. Also, Avene has a very good name in the skin care industry. Therefore, to know if my investment in this lip balm was worth it, please keep on reading.
About Avene High Protection Lip Balm SPF 30
Transparent when applied High sun protection for sensitive lips. Very water-resistant Very broad-spectrum UVB-UVA protection Photostable
- Complex of photoprotective actives that guarantee optimal broad-spectrum long and short UVA-UVB protection.
- Contains a powerful antioxidant.
- Non-greasy texture, transparent when applied
- Fulfils all demands: Efficacy, quality, pleasure in use and reliability.
- Benefits from an exclusive combination of actives, “SunSitive Protection®”, a product of Pierre Fabre Group Research.
- A complementary and synergistic photoprotective active complex, guaranteeing minimum chemical filters in our formulas.
- Pre-tocopheryl, a photostable Vitamin E precursor, gives additional cell protection.
- With an invisible, non-oily texture for particularly pleasant application.
- Tamper-proof packaging
Ingredients of Avene High Protection Lip Balm SPF 30
Price of Avene High Protection Lip Balm SPF 30
₹ 650.00 for 3 g in India
$ 14.00 for 3 g in USA
In Detail Avene High Protection Lip Balm SPF 30 Review and My Experience
The lip balm comes in a very standard tube packaging. The material is opaque all over which is okay since the actual lip balm is basic white in colour, nothing fancy. Now I honestly am not a big fan of the packaging here because its quite flimsy. It just fell on the floor once and the cap chipped out a segment.
Avene lip balm has a very faint soft scent to it which is pretty much present in all the Avene products I’ve tried so far. The consistency of the lip balm is not 100% waxy. It has a little bit creaminess to it.
How I Use it
I like to apply a thin layer of this lip balm every day morning under my lipstick. Be careful, if you apply this with a heavy hand, it might leave a white cast which won’t look the prettiest underneath a lipstick. However, if you are looking for heavy duty sun protection for your lips, knock yourself out and apply it generously over a lip tint.
Although lips tans are not really a concern for me since I hardly get it, I do have to say that Avene lip balm is very comfortable to wear. It lasts on my lips for around 2.5 hours during which it keeps my lips looking soft and plump.
I love the fact that when I apply it lightly under a lipstick, it does not mess with the formula of the lipstick. Of course because this has SPF, I am pretty sure it protected my lips from harmful sun radiations.
Definitely recommend this for all you ladies out there who are looking for a basic lip balm which has an additional property of sun protection. Although I really wish they came up with tinted lip balms for day use so that we can pull of a no lipstick look with just a lip balm. Overall I am satisfied with the way it performed.
So that is all I have to say about this lip balm right now I guess. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I would love to answer them for you guys. Also, if you have tried it, please share how was your experience with this.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Avene High Protection Lip Balm
1. I love the consistency of this lip balm.
2. A little bit applied beneath the lipstick doesn’t change the formula of the lipstick. Matte lipstick stays matte, and doesn’t get all shiny.
3. Has SPF in it which is protective against harmful radiations.
4. Love the fact that all information including the ingredients are printed on the packaging itself.
CONs of Avene High Protection Lip Balm
1. Doesn’t last very long.
2. No tinted versions of the formula available.
3. Packaging is not strong, mine broke when it fell once.
4. On the pricy side for a lip balm.
Will I Repurchase this?
I am not sure if I will repurchase this specific product. If they do come out with tinted versions of their lip balms with SPF I sure would love to give them a try. Till then, I think there are a lot of lip balms in the market which come with an SPF and aren’t this costly.
1. The trick behind using it properly is to use it in moderation. If you apply too much of it, it can leave a white cast.
2. If you’re going to be out in the sun for long, use a lip tint and apply this lip balm over it.
3. Always have a lip balm on underneath the lipstick in this winter season. This one is is a good choice for outdoors since it has SPF in it.