I don’t know about you, but come monsoons and my hair is a mess!! Think of a hair problem and I am suffering from it in the rains. Garnier are re-entering the hair care market this year with a big launch of a range called “Garnier Ultimate Blends ” a collection of various shampoo/conditioners/treatments that have been specifically designed and formulated for the most common hair types and complaints. Garnier turned up 5 spiffing new variants few weeks back and I promptly hoarded them all..Good to tell about how they fare…Let’s start with one that claims to battle the severest of hair woes : the falling out of hair in clumps! Garnier Ultra Blends Royal Jelly & Lavender Anti Hairfall Shampoo Review.
Claims for Garnier Ultrablends Anti Hairfall Shampoo with Royal Jelly & Lavender
When hair is weak and fragile, it’s prone to hair fall. Our formula is a blend with Lavender Essence & Royal Jelly, known to be rich in amino acids, vitamins and lipids. It helps reinforce and strengthen your hair. Discover hair that is strong and resists fall from first wash.
- For the first time Garnier creates a potent blend of Lavender and Royal Jelly, one of the most concentrated actives with amino-acids, mineral and proteins which form the building blocks of your hair.
- Day after day, your hair is re-built and restructured from within and resists further breakage and hair fall.
- Run your fingers through your hair with no fear.
- Feel the difference from the very first wash.
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethicone, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Coco-betane, Alcohol, Sodium benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium hydroxide, PPG-5-CETETH-20, Polyquaternum-6, Salicylic Acid, Honey, Linalool, Propolis extract, Capric triglyceride, Fragrance, Carbomer, Geranol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Coumarin, Lavender Oil, Royal Jelly, Glycerin, Phyllanthus emblica fruit extract.
How to Use
Apply a small amount to wet hair and scalp and massage in gently. Rinse off. Repeat if necessary.
Rs 55/- for 75 ml.
In Detail Garnier Ultra Blends Royal Jelly & Lavender Anti Hairfall Shampoo Review and My Experience
The packaging is vintage and lovely! The Royal Jelly & Lavender Anti Hair Fall shampoo is medium-thick, white in colour and spreads quite easily on wet hair, lathering easily and producing delicate lush soft foam. I loved how my hair felt so soft and lovely when I was rinsing it out! My scalp and hair felt clean yet not squeaky clean or stripped. BUT, hold on a minute! Using this ‘Anti Hairfall Shampoo’ caused no difference whatsoever in my regular hair fall number! After my hair dried, it was smooth and soft and a bit more tamed and I loved how it felt soft and looked shiny, but there was no difference in the hairfall. Garnier Ultra Blends Royal Jelly & Lavender Anti Hair Fall variant has a strong lavender fragrance which I loved. The scent lingers on, hours after wash!
How I Use it
I just lather it on wet hair, massage into scalp and leave on for 2 minutes and then rinse.
The shampoo smells very herbal – the sort of scents you associate with spas or large fields of lavender. My hair felt clean and fresh after use – and not weighed down, which is the all important thing. I always have to choose – do I want volume, or do I want hydrating and this set seem to manage a bit of both. I felt difference in texture of my hair, they are more smooth and soft after, my scalp was fresh and oil free for a day for which most of the shampoos fails on my hair (I have oily scalp and sadly my scalp and roots become oily within few hours of shampoo).
I am using this shampoo from last 15 days and felt same after each wash. As an Anti hairfall shampoo, this shampoo controls hairfall up to a limited extent but I am not satisfied with the results. I have moderate hairfall, and I can see difference in hair fall while washing my hair but nothing different after using or while combing. So as per its anti-hair fall claims, they are rather tall. I didn’t see anything really life-changing but as a hydrating fresh shampoo this Ultra Blends Royal Jelly & Lavender Anti Hair Fall Shampoo did make my hair soft and smooth, tamed my hair and detangled it nicely.
Pros of Garnier Ultrablends Anti Hairfall Shampoo with Royal Jelly & Lavender
• Smart and sturdy convenient packaging, easy to carry
• Feels soft and luxurious on hair while lathering and rinsing out
• Strong lavender fragrance feels nice and fresh, lingers on!
• Hydrates and smoothens hair, tames frizz to an extent- hair looks shiny and soft
• Easily detangles and moisturizes hair
Cons of Garnier Ultrablends Anti Hairfall Shampoo with Royal Jelly & Lavender
• Contains sulphates and other chemicals
• Pricier compared to their drugstore contemporaries
- Perhaps you could pair it with the conditioner of same variant to get better results.
- Comb your hair using a wide toothed comb. Comb only once they dry to reduce hairfall.
- For more information – refer to this article on how to reduce hairfall in monsoon and humid weather.
3/5 (So much chemical!)