I am here to talk about a very common issue among women today. Dark circles under eye is very common these days considering the stressful busy life these days. Our lives have become fast paced and one can hardly avoid stress weather it is work related or anything else. House wives especially have to keep up with a lot of things and are hardly left with any free time for their personal grooming.
1. Allergy If you feel that you get dark circles and puffiness only around certain time of the year like rainy season and winter season, it could be due to an allergic response to certain allergen. The best method to resolve the issue is to identify the culprit in the environment and then completely eliminate it from your surroundings. You may also consider consulting a dermatologist if there is irritation of the skin, or you cannot identify the allergen and you are still facing the seasonal under eye puffiness.
2. Drink Water This is one thing that you are constantly going to hear from me. I cannot stress enough how important water is for your health. Both from the inside as well as outside. Drink at least 10 glasses of water per day. It is going to rejuvenate your health completely. Water basically cleanses your body. It helps remove the toxins from your body. It keeps your organs healthy and vibrant. Remember your skin is also an organ of your body, and actually if you go into the details, it is the largest organ of the body. Inculcate the habit of drinking this much water, and see the difference for yourself.
3. Get your beauty Sleep Sleep is a basic necessity of life. Now, I know everyone’s sleep cycle differs. Some people have to sleep for 9-10 hours to complete their sleep while others can nicely sleep for 3-4 hours and carry on with their day. But I suggest sleeping for at least 6 hours a day. While you are asleep, your body relaxes and basically it optimises the energy levels in your body. Your blood circulation improves, and your mind is free. You will notice a significant improvement in your dark circles if you start following a proper sleep cycle.
4. Do not rub your eyes I have seen many people rub their eyes using fingers or their palm. NEVER DO THAT. Rubbing your eyes gives you premature wrinkles and lines around your eyes. It increases the pigmentation around the eyes and make you look tired. So next time you feel irritation in the eyes, it would be better if you wash them with clean cold water. Or else close your eyes and relax for a while till the irritation goes away. Some people have a habit of rubbing their eyes after getting up from bed, now, go and wash your eyes with water instead of doing that and you will feel much better. You would also be avoiding tired looking dark eye area.
5. Cucumber This is probably the most talked about age old method. I know some of the very high end salons who still use cucumber for eyes. Keep the cucumber slices in the fridge and let them freeze. Put them on your eyes and relax for 15-20 minutes. Listen to music or take a nap. This will relax your eyes and improve the blood circulation. It increase the tone of your under eye area and give you a very fresh and awake look. Try doing this before you put your eye make up, your eyes will look exceptionally glowing.
6. Eye cream Never ignore the fact that eye creams are essential in your skin care regimen. Purchase a good quality eye cream and regularly apply it. I would recommend using a vitamin K infused eye cream. This keeps your under eye area hydrated and the skin stays healthy. Try to use the light formulas especially if you have oily skin.
7. Almond oil Almond oil is like a blessing sent from the gods of treasure I feel. Apply almond oil regularly after cleansing your face and before going to bed. This will not only hydrate the eyes, it is also said to reduce the pigmentation. It makes your skin healthy and glowing.
8. Facial masks This is a very important point. I have seen people applying facial masks around their eyes till the brim of the eye lids. Now, stop doing that right away if you don’t want to look old and mature. Facial masks should be applied sparing the area around the eyes. The skin around the eyes is much more sensitive and regular facial masks can prove to be harsh. So instead, try putting a couple of slices of cucumber instead.
9. Tomato Juice with cucumber Blend tomato and cucumber together in your mixer. Take around 4 tea spoons of this juice separately and use a cotton pad and soak it in the juice. Put the cotton pads on your eyes and let it be there for 20 minutes. This helps relax your eyes and tomato has some amazing anti ageing properties which includes skin lightening, brightening and reducing wrinkles. 10. Remove your make up Last but not the least, ALWAYS remove your make up before going to bed. Use whichever make up remover you like the best or make up remover wipes are also available in the market. Olive oil is said to be a great make up remover as well. After this, cleanse your face and apply moisturiser and your eye cream. This is going to serve so many purposes. It will reduce break outs as your pores are unclogged, reduce pigmentation and keep your skin fresh.