Hey lovely ladies! My name is Addii and I am a makeup artist. I love to do my eye makeup but I just hate it when my eye makeup starts creasing because of natural skin oils on my eyelids. I know many of you would be able to relate to it. But to get rid of this problem M.A.C. has got us the solution in form of “MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base”. I have being using it for past 4 months and today I am going to share my views about it. So let’s get started with the MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base Review, Demo.
Claims for MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
M·A·C Prep + Prime 24-Hour Eye Base is an innovative primer that keeps your eye makeup looking fresh and vibrant all day long. The humidity- and sweat-resistant formula prevents shadows from creasing and fading while allowing the hues to stay color-true for up to a full day. Comfortable and lightweight, the primer is infused with the rich antioxidants of vitamin E and is ideal for all skin tones and types.
A shadow primer specially formulated to prolong the look of your eye makeup. Extends eye shadow wear by 24hrs. Helps eye shadow stay color true. Prevents eye shadow from fading and creasing
A shadow primer specially formulated to prolong the look of your eye makeup.
How to Use MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
- Apply all over eyelids.
- Allow it to dry for a minute before application of eye makeup
Price of MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
$ 23.00 for 0.40 fl. oz in the USA.
£ 16.00 for 12 mL in the UK
₹ 1750.00 for 12 mL in India.
In Detail MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base Review, Demo and My Experience
The product comes in a small black glittery tube with small hole at the mouth to dispense out right amount of product easily. The small black glittery tube is travel friendly since it has a screw top. The black glittery packaging looks similar to the MAC Prep + Prime Skin base Visage.
The product is quite thick in texture. It has a pale flesh pink tone which becomes transparent once applied on the eye lid. The primer does not really affect the colour intensity of the eye shadow but keeps it in place for long hours.
How to Use and Apply it the right way
1) Clean your eye lid properly so that there is no sweat or oil on it.
2) Apply the M.A.C 24 hour Extend Eye Base using a brush or a finger.
3) If your eye lid is darker than your face then first apply M.A.C 24 hour Extend Eye Base and then apply the foundation and set it with some loose powder and now start applying the eye shadow.
I prefer using my ring finger to apply it all over the eye lid but you can also use an eye shadow brush for the same. Even though the primer is very thick, it is easy to blend. There was a day when I had a shoot after which I had to attend a party, that day was the ultimate test for M.A.C 24 hours Extend Eye Base. That day I left my home at 8.00 am in the morning with my full makeup on (by the way my full makeup means my base done along with my very favourite black smokey eye and a nude lip color) and reached back home after the party by 12.00 AM at mid night with my eye makeup still fresh and intact.
That night I could not believe my eyes that even after having such an oily eye lid, my eye makeup didn’t crease and the colour didn’t fade away. Moreover at the time of application of eye makeup there was very less fall out as compared to other days. Since then I am in love with this primer.
Along with eye shadow it also holds glitter and pigments in place. The silica present in it controls the secretion of oil which keeps the eye makeup fresh and crease free. The primer is infused with antioxidant vitamin E and is suitable for all skin tones and types.
More Photos, Swatches, Demo, MBF Eye Makeup Look
Pros of MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
1) Stays for long hours. (17 hrs tried and tested)
2) Controls secretion of oil on eye lid
3) Travel friendly
4) Makes the eye makeup fresh all day long
5) Works for all skin types
6) Works for all skin tones as it turns transparent on application
7) Avoids creasing
8) Pocket friendly because it will last very long
9) Less fallout at the time of application
Cons of MAC Prep + Prime 24 Hour Extend Eye Base
I couldn’t find anything wrong about the product. Just love it.
1) Clean the eye lid and the areas around properly to get rid of the excess oil
2) A pea size amount is sufficient for both the eyes.
3) Blend it well before the application of the eye shadow
4) Blend it as quick as possible as it dries up very fast.
If you have any queries about the product or if you have tried the product, do share your views or queries in the comment section below.