Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette Review, Swatches: Hey everyone. I hope you all are going well. So today I am going to review another covershot eye palette from smashbox cosmetics. I am in love with eye makeup these days. I have already reviewed the bold glitter palette from their limited edition cover shot range, which was one of my favourites.
So yes if you want to know how this product fared on me and whether I like this eye palette or not please continue reading.
About Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette
A collection of purse-sized, pigment-powered eye shadow palettes by Smashbox Cosmetics. Each Cover Shot palette has a curated mix of colors, formulas, and finishes so you can nail the latest trends and create your own looks.
– Includes 6 eye shadows + 2 double-sized base shades in 1 portable makeup palette
– Each features a range of finishes and shades with intense pigment payoff and superior blendability
– Inspired by makeup trends seen and shot at Smashbox’s L.A. creative photo studio
Find your vibe and spark your creativity using the season’s most coveted colors:
Ablaze (hot, desert-inspired shades): With shades in rich red clay and hot terra-cotta, this palette captures the warmth of the desert in a range of sun-drenched shades—these dimensional pigments are perfect for adding depth and contouring.
Ingredients in Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eyeshadow Palette
This product is cruelty-free, and is formulated without sodium lauryl sulfate or fragrance.
Price of Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette
$ 29.00 for 0.21 oz in USA
£ 24.00 for 6.2 g in UK
A$ 42.00 for 6.2 g in Australia
S$ 42.00 for 6.2 g in Singapore
AED 195.53 for 6.2 g in UAE, Dubai
₹ 2550 for 6.2 g in India
Apparently in India, this palette in the new stock retails for 2650 instead of 2550. The older stock palette is still available at 2550. So if you’re planning on buying it, do so now or else after the current stock gets over, you might have to pay 100/- extra.
In Detail Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette Review, Swatches and My Experience
So starting of with the packaging, it comes in a black-fire theme cardboard packaging. It has all the necessary details written at the back along with the shade names on the side. The palette itself has the shade names mentioned on the back side as well. It comes with an in built mirror. I wish there was a brush included in it. Overall the packaging is light weight and travel friendly except for the missing applicator.
The palette has amazing shade options in it from pinks, orange gold to brown. One can create a number of looks with it. The best feature I like in this palette is that they have 3 color for your crease , 3 colours for your lid , one base product and a highlighter too.
For me it’s a multi use palette I use the darker brown shade to fill in my brows and I use the golden highlighter on my cheeks as well. I love the shades available in the palette. One can use these during the day as well as night.
Let’s go through a short description of the shades in the palette one by one:
- Relaxed – A white matte color which can be used to set your base or to highlight your brow bone area.
- Moccasin– A golden shade which can be used for highlighting your brow bone and also be used for warmer complexion as a face highlighter
- Siesta– A beautiful rose gold shade which can be used by itself on lids.
- Nirvana – One of my personal favourite shade can be used on lids and crease both.
- Delirious – A very nice coppery color which can be used on lids alone.
- Torch – A mixture of yellow and gold. This too can be worn alone.
- Throwback– Again one of my personal favourite shades to play with. It’s a beautiful Brown-ish orange shade. Can be used on lids and crease both.
- Dark horse– A very deep and intense brown color which can also be used to fill in your brows.
The pigmentation of all the shades is amazing one swipe and you get intense color on your lids.
The texture of this is soft and buttery you don’t really have to work a lot with eyeshadows in this palette.
Lastly coming on to the staying power it stays on forever I have worn this eyeshadow for 13 hours and it was still intact.
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette
- Decent packaging.
- Nice range of shades available.
- Multi-use palette.
- Nice and smooth texture.
- Amazing colorpayoff.
- Well pigmented.
- Good staying power.
- Decently priced.
Cons of Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette
1. Doesn’t comes with its own brush.
Do I Recommend Smashbox Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette?
A big yes I love this palette and it’s a multiuse palette for me.
1) Use an eye primer as a base before you start your eye makeup. It increases the color pay off of the eyeshadows and also prevents eye makeup from melting and creasing. I love the Smashbox eye shadow primer which has been already reviewed on MBF.
2) Don’t forget to blend nicely for a great eye makeup look.
Love the warm, sunny vibes this palette is giving.
Yes it’s a beautiful and a multiuse palette ? must try ♥️
Not sure how it is cruelty free as the ingredients include carmine – ground cochineal beetles?