Hey there beautiful, For some odd reason, my color preference went from bold, bright, in your face colors to tone down deeper neutrals. I can’t work with nudes because I don’t think they suit my skin tone or my pigmented lips. Mauve toned pink browns are my jam these days! Every time I saw a picture on Instagram with a gorgeous lip color, more often than not, it was Baked. I knew I had to have it! So here’s presenting the Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick Baked by Amrezy Review, Swatches.
About Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick Baked by Amrezy
BAKED – THIS IS HOW REZY RIDERS ROLL, IT’S NO WONDER THIS “BAKED” TO PERFECTION MAUVE TONE IS ALLURING IN THE DAY AND EVEN MORE ENTICING AT NIGHT.
How to Use Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick
- Like with any other liquid lipstick, Lip prep is key! Exfoliating and moisturizing your lips should be part of your routine.
- First outline your lips with the color. The wand is decent for precise application.
- Then fill in the color in the middle and the inner rim as well.
- Wait for it to dry and your set!
- Since it remains tacky, you can use the old tissue paper with translucent powder trick!
Ingredients of Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick
Detailed list of ingredients is not available on their website
- Phthalates free
- Parabens free
- Cruelty free
- Gluten Free
- No animal testing
- Made in the USA
Price of Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick
This liquid lipstick retails at $18.99 in USA. Since it is a special collaboration, this item doesn’t qualify for their 25% off, unlike all the other colors in their regular range
The brand is not directly available in UK or any other country yet. Lipland does offer international shipping.
In Detail Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick Baked by Amrezy Review, Swatches and My Experience
Now the worst part about social media, especially Instagram is how everyone super edits their photos and it’s hard to get a clear idea of what a color might look like on you. I expected it to be a little brighter and less brown and more warm, but sadly it settles into a pink based brown on my lips. The color darkens after it sets on your lips which I do not like! But that being said, it’s not a color I can’t work with.
Now I’m not too big of a fan Amrezy, as in like I’m neutral. So I didn’t buy this because her name is on it. Yes she’s fierce and fabulous, but that’s not a reason that I would be spending my money on products with her name on it. It’s because I had enough pictures teasing me on Instagram, which finally made me cave in.
Coming to the formula, after I ordered it, I started hearing bad things about Lipland’s formula so I was freaking out that I’ve wasted my money. But I’m so glad those rumours weren’t true! At least they weren’t for me. This formula is one of the better ones in my collection. It’s pigmented, not drying and long lasting!
I love the tube it comes in. And the packaging is cute too, like a little trinket. Since I ordered it from a local page here, I didn’t receive the packaging sadly. The wand is perfect for application and it has a sweet scent to it.
Let’s see how it lasted!
Here is the wear test I did to show how it performed. The lasting power was impressive!
Freshly applied and Set
After 5-6 hours
(inclusive of a little eating and drinking)
There is very slight feathering outside the lip line and a bit is missing from the middle. But it is more or less intact which is impressive!
Here is the smudge test
Swatched and Set
Under water pressure
The color didn’t budge or bleed
Slight transfer and fading of color, mostly intact
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick
- Opaque with one swipe
- Takes a bit of time to dry so it’s easier to correct mistakes
- Doesn’t stain
- Very long lasting
- Doesn’t feather or bleed outside the lip line
- Sometimes goes on offer and you can get a free full sized product with it!
- Frosted tube – Pretty packaging
- Smells nice
- Good firm applicator for smooth application
Cons of Lipland Matte Liquid Lipstick
- Remains tacky even after drying
- Takes some time to dry. – not instantly
- Very annoying to purchase off their website which is slow and not maintained well
- Not easily available
- Color darkens on the lip after application
- Detailed Information like ingredients isn’t easily available
- Always prep your lips prior to application
- Keep bottle in a place it won’t get scratched up
- Place a tissue over your lips once the liquid lipstick is dry and dust translucent powder on the tissue to get rid of the tackiness.
- You can always wear a lip liner underneath
4.25 / 5
This is definitely one of the better liquid lipstick formulas I’ve come across. I might purchase some more colors on sale in the future!
Hope this review was helpful! Feel free to ask any further questions. Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts!
Have a great day beautiful 🙂