Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush Brown Review, Swatches: Hiya fellow MBF-ians! A big hug to all of you. This is my first post ever and I mean EVER (yup, I haven’t written a single article for any blog before). Over the past few years, MBF has been my guide to all things makeup so I’m really excited to be making my own small contribution. I hope all you wonderful ladies find my review helpful. Fingers crossed!!
Last week, I got my hands on this product called MAYBELLINE V-FACE BLUSH CONTOUR which was launched in 2016. I was out for just a blush but couldn’t resist getting a contour, highlighter and a blush rolled into one hah! I bought the shade titled ‘brown’ and will be reviewing the same today. Let’s get started!
About Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush
Maybelline New York presents a stunning V-face Blush Contour by Face Studio that makes it easy to define, shape and highlight your features like a pro. An all-in-one contouring and face sculpting powder blush, this gives dimension to your face with its color-coordinated blush, contouring shade and highlighter. Promising a 10% slimmer face with an instantly sharper nose in just a few steps, Maybelline V-face Blush Contour can be used to get a rosy blush look that adds a subtle contour with a rosy satin finish.
• Three-dimensional contouring blush.
• Easily blendable with intense pigmentation.
• Gives a smooth, satin finish.
• Suitable for all face types – square, round or heart shaped face.
• Available in 3 shades Coral, Brown and Pink.
How to Use Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush
1. Contour — Take the darkest shade (left) off the pallet onto an angled contour brush and apply below cheekbone and along the jawline in an upward motion.
2. Blush — Take the blush (middle) onto a puffy blush brush and apply onto the apples of your cheek towards your temples. Smiling while application makes it easier to identify the area.
3. Highlighter — Take the lightest shade (right) onto a fan-shaped highlighter brush (use a small one) and apply on your cheekbones, below your eyebrows and on the bridge of your nose.
4. Blend well.
Ingredients in Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush
It does have talc and paraben (methyl paraben) so if you want to avoid these two, this one’s not for you.
Price Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush
₹ 550.00 for 4 g in India.
S$ 14.90 for 4 g in Singapore.
RM 32.90 for 4 g in Malaysia.
In Detail Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush Brown Review, Swatches and My Experience
Packaging: The Maybelline V-face Blush Contour comes in a sleek, travel-friendly plastic case. The outer packaging is a paper box with steps to using the product and other details (all of it is written on the back side of the actual case too so you can just dispose this box right away). Half the case is transparent with a ‘v’ on top and you can take a peek at the product through it. Inside, lies a small brush just beneath the highlighter-blush-contour trio and the case closes with a click.
Quantity: 4gm. This is enough for me as I don’t use too much daily but if you are a heavy user this might be less.
Complexion: Fair to Medium. Wheatish beauties go for the pink one from this range.
Texture: Super smooth and fine. It doesn’t feel cakey at all.
Lasting power: 3 hours in the winter without any base. With a good foundation below, it stays for another couple hours but never beyond. However, during summer season, with all the sweat going on, it will fade away in lesser time.
Blush: Situated in the middle, it is a peachi brown shade, matte in effect and can be used daily by college girls and working women alike. It is a light colour but very buildable and blends well. After applying 2 or 3 times it gives a nice flush to my cheeks.
Contour: This is not as pigmented as it looks in the case and needs to be applied at least 3 times to show up. On the upside, if you are a beginner at contouring or opting for a no makeup look this is going to be your savior 😉 This one is on the right.
Highlighter: Left to the blush is the highlighter which is the least effective out of the 3. It has micro shimmers in it but serves no true purpose. You can use it as a blush alone though it won’t show up much.
The Brush: The brush provided is small and helpful for contouring. But the bristles are a little stiff and does not help much in blending. Also if the brush is used rapidly, the products keep falling off everywhere making a mess. I would recommend sticking to your own brushes when at home while using this one during travel.
WHERE TO GET IT: At Amazon, this one retails for Rs.550 at the moment while at Nykaa it is for Rs.575. I got it at a local store for Rs.520, so I would say check your nearby store before going online. Happy shopping!
More Photos, Swatches
Well, to sum up the review
Pros of Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush Brown
• Compact as well as travel-friendly packaging,
• You get a combination of 3 different products in 1 box.
• Contour is buildable. Also, does not cake up.
• Blush shade is very pretty,
• Great for beginners as well as for light make up users.
Cons of Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush Brown
• Poor highlighter,
• Brush given is not good as it doesn’t help in blending,
• Product wastage if the given brush is used,
• 3 shades not separated properly so makes me worry about what shade I have on the brush,
• I wish it came with a mirror
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Maybelline Face Studio Contouring Blush Brown
I’m sure this will go a long way for me at the end of which I’m going to try something new so no, I will not repurchase. As for recommendation, highlighter fans give this a miss. For beginners and light make up fans — go get it already!
• Use a good foundation as a base for better stay.
• Use it for a no makeup look.
• Mix the blush and the highlighter and use it on the apples of your cheek for a better flush of colour.
• Be careful with the brush supplied because product falls off (LIKE A LOT).
• Always use separate brushes for 3 separate products.
3.8 out of 5