L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner Review, Swatches: Hey guys, today I will be talking about a new range of hair products by Loreal Paris. They recently came up with “Extraordinary Clay” range of products. This range consists of a shampoo, a conditioner and a scalp refresher. Loreal has also launched a hair mask under this range in USA. However here, the mask isn’t launched yet. I have been trying out the shampoo and conditioner for the past couple of weeks. Will be reviewing the scalp refresher very soon because currently it is under testing phase.
I have moderately oily scalp with dry ends. Hence, I was really curious about how this range would work on my hair. I had heard people use kaolin and bentonite clay in their hair. However I never tried it because I was scared it would make my hair more dry. But when Loreal came up with an entire range of products with these ingredients, I had to give it a shot.
About L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner
The secret of clay for 72 hrs of pure roots and hydrated ends.For the first time, L’Oreal Paris Laboratories have combined 3 refined clays to create its first re-balancing range revealing perfectly balanced hair.Enriched with extraordinary power of clay that deeply purifies and hydrates your hair. Tailor made care to resolve the problems of oily roots and dry lengths. Scalp and hair feel fresh and clean even 3 days after shampoo. For best results, indulge in the full Extraordinary Clay ritual: Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Refresher.
- Ultra Purifying : Washes off excess oil on scalp and roots. Helps eliminate impurities & pollution particles.
- Intensely Hydrating : Moisturises from lengths to tips for hydrated free flowing hair, leaving hair fresh for upto 72 hours.
- Scalp feels deeply purified for 72 hours with freshness and light, lifted roots.
- Dry hair feels hydrated right to the ends for fluid, free-flowing lengths.
- Revitalises the hair with softness, shine and bounce.
- A delicate Clay texture for hair purity, hydration and beauty.
How to Use L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner
- Apply onto wet hair, gently massaging into the scalp, then rinse.
- For best results follow with Extraordinary Clay Conditioner.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.
- Apply after using Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo.
- Leave on for 1-3 minutes.
Ingredients in L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner
Aqua / Water / Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Parfum / Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Octyldodecanol, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Argilla / Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Kaolin, Montmorillonite, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Fumaric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ci 42090 / Blue 1, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid
Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Cetyl Esters, Parfum / Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Bht Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Argilla / Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Kaolin, Montmorillonite, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sodium Hyaluronate.
Price of L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo – $ 4.99 for 12.6 fl oz in USA, £ 4.99 for 400 mL in UK, ₹ 282.00 for 360 mL in India.
Conditioner – $ 4.99 for 12.6 fl oz in USA, £ 4.99 for 400 mL in UK, ₹ 185 for 175 mL in India.
In Detail L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of Loreal Extraordinary range is lovely. The products come in a pretty light turquoise blue coloured plastic bottle with a flip open top. They have listed all details including the respective ingredients lists on the back of the bottles. There are 4 sizes of the shampoo available in India – 75 mL, 175 mL, 360 mL and 640 mL. However, there are only 2 sizes of conditioner available – 65 mL and 175 mL. I have repeatedly mentioned on my blog how I wish companies came up with bigger bottles of the conditioners as well. Because quite honestly, I use up conditioners quite fast as I have pretty long hair. Let’s talk about the shampoo and conditioner individually below.
L’Oreal Extraordinary Purifying & Hydrating Clay Shampoo Review
The shampoo has a slightly thin consistency with a semi creamy-fluid texture. It has this glistening pearly appearance, almost looks like some shiny substance in it. But I think its all because of the formula. The tiny air bubbles shine through the substance of the shampoo. It has this really refreshing creamy citrusy smell to it which I completely adore. But the smell tapers off to nil within a couple of hours after washing. 🙁
98% of the times I oil my hair before washing. So I almost always use it on oiled hair. For the first wash, I take a big coin size amount of the shampoo. Then, for the second wash, I take half a coin size amount. I always make sure I am washing off the shampoo completely from my hair without leaving any smallest trace of it. This way, the shampoo is able to remove all the oils in my hair completely.
After wash, I am amazed how refreshed my scalp feels. My hair is cleansed thoroughly free from any soft of dirt or impurities. I love how this does not create any tangles in my hair although it is a sulphate containing shampoo. However, I do not think the shampoo by itself has any hydrating effect on the ends of my hair. Because without a conditioner, although my scalp feels clean and nice with this shampoo; my hair ends continue to be dry. That is why, now I make sure I always use this shampoo with a conditioner. For now, I have been using its partner conditioner. Let’s talk about it below.
L’Oreal Extraordinary Purifying & Hydrating Clay Conditioner Review
The conditioner has a moderately thick consistency with uber creamy texture, slightly silicon-y as well. But the silicone content in this conditioner is definitely less than other usual conditioners in the market. It has the same creamy citrusy smell as the shampoo. But then again, it does not stay in my hair for long after wash. It looks almost white with a tinge of blue. Because of its lovely texture, it is very easy to spread along the lengths of my hair.
I use a two coin size amount of the conditioner per usage. I apply conditioner only on the lengths of my hair. So I never ever even touch any conditioner or hair mask on my scalp. Like I said, I have pretty long hair and hence I need this much amount. You can adjust the amount of conditioner based on your hair length. I keep the conditioner in my hair for around 5 to 10 minutes. Then I wash it off with normal temperature water.
After wash, my hair feels super soft. There are absolutely no tangles. I love how it makes my hair feel light as well as smooth and silky. There is no additional shine imparted to the hair. But the natural shine of the hair is enhanced I feel. The best part is, my hair continues to feel soft and silky for 2 to 3 days after wash.
However, the conditioner does not any extra boost of hydration to my dry lengths and ends. I mean, it definitely does not dry out the hair. But at the same time, this is not super hydrating either. So I almost always need a leave in product. Please note, it you don’t have dry ends like my hair, you might not even need a leave in conditioner after using this duo.
I have to say I am impressed with this duo. I experienced no hair fall while using the Loreal Extraordinary Clay shampoo and conditioner. Love how the shampoo cleansed my scalp and hair. It basically keeps my scalp oil free for 2-3 days which is amazing. It wasn’t overly drying, but not hydrating too. The conditioner works well making the hair silky soft and smooth. It makes the hair super manageable. While using this range, I notice my hair keeps looking fresh for at least 2 to 3 days. If you’re someone struggling with oily scalp or someone who lives in hot and humid climate, you totally need to check out this range.
Always make sure to buy the smaller size variant first and then decide if you wish to get the bigger ones. Because different products may work differently on different people. That being said, if you have used this range, please do not forget to leave a comment below and share your experiences with us.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner
1. I really like the packaging. Its user friendly, sturdy as well as travel friendly.
2. Absolutely love the creamy citrusy smell of the products in Loreal Extraordinary Clay range.
3. Shampoo works well removing all oils and impurities from the hair. Leaves my scalp feeling fresh and oil free for 2-3 days.
4. Conditioner makes my hair very manageable, soft and silky.
5. Effects last for 2-3 days.
6. I experienced no hair fall while using this range (I was not experiencing any hair fall before using the shampoo as well. Hence, it does not increase hair fall.)
7. A must try product for ladies and gentlemen with oily scalp or hair.
8. The range is quite affordable.
CONs of L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and Conditioner
1. The shampoo contains sulphates and the conditioner contains silicones. (The silicone content of the conditioner however is less than usual conditioners)
2. May not work for dry hair types.
1. Oiling your hair is the best hair treatment ever. If you’re not a fan of keeping oil overnight, try oiling 20 to 30 minutes before washing.
2. Washing or Shampooing hair every single day makes them thin as well as rough. If you have oily hair or scalp, using this Clay range by Loreal might help.
3. Use a silk pillow cover. This will reduce roughness in the hair. Also, this takes care of hair frizz to a good extent.
4. Never goto bed with wet hair. Make sure hair is completely dry before going to bed.