Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo Review: Good morning everyone. Clinic Plus is a very well known hair care brand here. I have been using their products since I was a kid. Recently, on my visit to a supermarket, I saw this in the shampoo section. I had to get it. Its been a long time since I used this. So call it nostalgia or call it curiosity, I went ahead and purchased it. Clinic Plus as a brand has very affordable products. So it doesn’t really hurt the pocket as well. Let me tell you more about my experience with this shampoo below.
Claims for Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo
- Tomorrow’s strong and long hair needs a strong foundation today!
- Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo with the goodness of milk protein makes your hair 35 x* stronger
- Its advanced milk protein formula contains an essential protein element which body cannot produce
- This essential protein penetrates into each hair strand providing nourishment every time you wash your hair with Clinic plus shampoo
- For best results wash your hair daily with Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health shampoo
- Use Clinic Plus conditioner every time you shampoo for soft and silky hair
How to Use Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo
Coat wet hair with liberal amount of shampoo. Gently massage the scalp and roots with fingertips to work into a lather. Lightly squeeze the shampoo from roots to ends. Leave on scalp for 2-3 minutes with gentle massaging to enable Shampoo extract to reach and fully act on the scalp and roots. Rinse thoroughly until all the shampoo is fully washed off.
Ingredients in Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo
Price of Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo
₹ 97.00 for 175 mL
In Detail Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo Review and My Experience
The shampoo comes in a white opaque bottle with a flip open cap on top. The packaging makes it convenient to use in the shower. Clinic Plus actually is a brand under Hindustan Unilever. Hindustan Unilever is a subsidiary of Unilever which is an England based company. You will be surprised to know that brands like Lakme, Lux, Dove, Ponds, Tressemme, Sunsilk, Pepsodent, Aviance, Citra, Pears, Fair & Lovely, TIGI, Elle 18, Lever Ayush etc all belong to this organisation. Of course all brands have their own offices and teams. But the mother of all is Unilever.
I mentioned all that because I was curious as to why most of these brands are not available in England although the parent company is based in UK. Later I found out it depends on the brand.
Let’s get back to the product again 😀 The shampoo is creamy in texture with a moderate to thick consistency. It is white with slight blue colour to it. The most prominent thing about this shampoo is the way it smells. I mean it smells fresh and nice, but the smell is very strong. In fact the smell stays in my hair for 2 or more days after using this shampoo. Hence I believe this contains some strong fragrance agents in it.
How I Use it
I like to dilute this shampoo in water because I feel like that way I am more comfortable using it. Then I apply the diluted shampoo into my wet hair. I lightly massage my hair for 1 or 2 minutes. Astha always keeps advising not to be harsh near the roots of the hair and that is why I am very gently when I massage near the roots. After this, I wash off the shampoo like usual.
The shampoo cleanses my hair really nicely. It takes away all dirt and impurities. In fact, even when my hair is oiled, I do not need to use this a second time. In just one wash, the shampoo is able to remove all the oils from my hair. However, if I use this shampoo on un-oiled hair, I have observed that this dries out my hair. Hence, I always use a conditioner afterwards without fail. If you have dry hair, I strongly suggest using a nourishing conditioner after using this shampoo because it has a tendency to dry out the hair. As already mentioned, the smell of this shampoo is quite strong and lasts for around 2 days on my hair. Personally, it does not bother me much but its worth mentioning. I do not see it giving any extra shine to my hair. However it definitely makes my hair softer to touch.
Overall I feel this shampoo is not a must have. It can be used once a week as a clarifying shampoo if you want. But I would not advise using this shampoo on a daily basis. This is because this shampoo dries out the hair besides deep cleansing it. So I have started using this only once a week as a clarifying shampoo. But I always make sure to follow it up with a deep conditioning mask because I hate to see my hair getting dry. Also, if you have dry to very dry hair, I will not suggest you this shampoo.
Pros of Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo
1. Packaging is nice to use in the shower.
2. Has nice smell but quite strong.
3. Deep cleanses the hair.
4. Even on oiled hair, only one time use is required.
6. Easily available.
Cons of Clinic Plus Strong & Long Health Shampoo
1. Dries out the hair if you don’t use a deep conditioner afterwards.
2. Not fit to be used daily as the brand claims.
3. Definitely not meant for dry hair beauties.
4. Does not control frizz or hair fall.
1. Oil you hair the night before using a deep cleansing clarifying shampoo like this to prevent hair from getting over dried.
2. Always use a conditioner after shampoo no matter what your hair type is.
3. If you do not like using a conditioner in the shower, you can opt for a nice leave in conditioner.
4. If you have fine or dry hair, and you want to use this shampoo, then please make sure to deep condition your hair after using the shampoo. Otherwise, it will puff out the hair and make it look dry.
5. This shampoo according to me should be only used once a week as a clarifying shampoo. I do not suggest using it daily.